1.    #1  
    Soon to be released in Germany (T-Mobile?), here comes the successor to the Cingular 8125 line from HTC:

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/

Specs are outstanding:

400mhz processor
    WM5
    AKU2 push email
    128mb ROM; 64mb RAM
    Quad Band GSM/EDGE
    UMTS (upgradeable to HSDPA)
    802.11g wireless
    Bluetooth 2.0 with Stereo wireless headphones
    2 megapixel camera, plus smaller front mounted camera for video conferencing
    Full QWERTY Keyboard

Just how hot is that 700p by comparison?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Not very. First off the wifi, 2mp cam, WM5, GSM/UMTS/HSDPA are all differences that the 700p does not have. The Hermes will IMO blow the treo out of the water. C'mon Palm, make a new GSM treo for us. Hopefully the nokia e61 will hold me over until the GSM treo is released.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Skipping GSM 700p for E61.
    Enjoying this phone for last 4 days. I am in love with this one.
    Will comeback to Treo if the hardware changes in 800 or whatever.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I need that phone in my life. If I could get that and HSDPA in my area I would drop Sprint and be on it. That phone is so damn uber.
    man im gonna have to buy another phone in 6 months lol
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    Man, we need an intervention...
    I needed an intervention a long time ago. On a sidenote, I ordered my Nokia e61 today and I will be picking it up friday. I can't wait and now I will have a new toy to play with on my trip. Yay for me.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    When I first posted a link to the Hermes specs here, other than the size/ slide out KB / form factor, there was something I didn't like about it....now I can't seem to remember what it was.....touch screen maybe ?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=110839
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107627

But again until it's available in the US of A it's just as available as the Palm "thing that is no longer called Hollywood".
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    When I first posted a link to the Hermes specs here, other than the size/ slide out KB / form factor, there was something I didn't like about it....now I can't seem to remember what it was.....touch screen maybe ?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=110839
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107627

But again until it's available in the US of A it's just as available as the Palm "thing that is no longer called Hollywood".
    I disagree on that last thought. We know for certain that Hermes exists, even if we can't get out mitts on it (but you can bet Dave at Mad Monkey Boy Gadgets will reel it in shortly). The "Treo who shall not be named" only exists in a couple of lame blurry pictures, an artists mock-up, and Sagio's imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Soon to be released in Germany (T-Mobile?), here comes the successor to the Cingular 8125 line from HTC:

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/

Specs are outstanding:

400mhz processor
    WM5
    AKU2 push email
    128mb ROM; 64mb RAM
    Quad Band GSM/EDGE
    UMTS (upgradeable to HSDPA)
    802.11g wireless
    Bluetooth 2.0 with Stereo wireless headphones
    2 megapixel camera, plus smaller front mounted camera for video conferencing
    Full QWERTY Keyboard

I..I...I...I am buying this thing! Got my T-Mobile MDA a bit ago because it's all I can afford, but this is a great next step.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    You and me both!
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  12.    #12  
    If Cingular will just get off its dead *** and spread HSDPA, I'd brave Dave's prices and buy an import of an unlocked version of this puppy (ouch, I could hear the sucking sound coming from my wallet as I typed that).
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I disagree on that last thought. We know for certain that Hermes exists, even if we can't get out mitts on it
    How ? Cause someone issued a press release ? We had Merlyn's 700p and still people were yelling that that wasn't real until Sprint made the announcement. We know there's Hermes prototypes, we know that someone said it's going to be released in germany. That's all I **know** at this point.

When you have a market leading position, making long range product announcements hurts sales. When you got squat for market share, you have nothing to lose and long range announcements just might make someone hold off till you are ready.

And I don't see any significance to knowing something exists if I can't buy it. I know Vista exists but it's been delayed more times than I can count. So was the Q.

We do know that Palm will release two more Treos this year plus Jeff Hawkins "mystery device". We know neither Verizon nor Sprint will issue anything beyond the 700w/p this year as that would really pi$$ off their 700 buyers. "Doing the math", leaves only Cingular and T-Mobile, the latter which says they dropped the Treo. So it's a given that sometime in the next 5 months we going to see a new GSM Treo and one that will not be the 700 if Cingular isn't lying about not releasing the 700.
    Didn't the Hermes make an appearance at 3GSM months ago, with plenty of pics? Not to mention O2 Germany has already announced their version of it on their site.

Seems like definitely more than *just* a press release.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    Seems like definitely more than *just* a press release.
    You gotta read past the 1st sentence. 1st Paragraph includes:

"We know there's Hermes prototypes, we know that someone said it's going to be released in germany"
    Right, and more specifics have been widely published.

o2 themselves have said it. July release.

At this point, it's beyond prototype and right around the corner.
    Through o2, it will be 399 EUROS with a 2 year contract. The only hint of an unlocked price I've been able to find is from an article suggesting a Taiwanese carrier will be offering their version of the Hermes for $781 US as a "standalone price":

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3068
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    o2 themselves have said it. July release.
    Let's not forget what Moto said about the Q .... 1st it was what february, then April.....looking like June now.....and we find out it is going to be a Verizon exclusive so it won't be available to everyone. I just don't put much faith in these long range pronouncements....until a US carrier says I got it and I gonna ship it ... and starts taking orders for it, I stopped paying attention.

Palm may annoy people by not making announcements 6-8 months in advance but when they give ya a date of late, they hit it.
    I feel ya on that one. But when a carrier makes an announcement, things tend to be a bit closer to reality than when a manufacturer spits out a press release. Carrier announcements tend to be taken with much more confidence in the availability/launch details.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    You and me both!
    Make that at least three of us -just on this thread. There's got to be a patch or a 12-point program for us...
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.