Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 358
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Why are people referring to WM Smartphone as "stripped-down WM" and a "dumbphone" OS.? I think you are misinformed about what WM5 Smartphone edition is capable of.
    Because it doesn't run full WM5 apps.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I am answering the title of this thread.

    It is more exspensive because the Moto Q is trash.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  3. #43  
    What's the weight difference ????
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    What's the weight difference ????
    2.34 ounces.

    Comparison
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    2.34 ounces.

    Comparison

    Thanks
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Talk time??????

    My link not work?

    Rated:

    Q
    Talk: 4.00 hours
    Standby: 192 hours
    (8 days)

    P
    Talk: 4.50 hours
    Standby: 300 hours
    (12.5 days)
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    What's the weight difference ????
    Moto Q 115g
    Treo 700 181 g

    For comparison the Moto Razr is 99 g.

    This picture tells the whole story.



    Basically, if you carried a pen in your pocket, you can carry the Q.

    Surur
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I am answering the title of this thread.

    It is more exspensive because the Moto Q is trash.
    The Treo 700 series is trash.

    See how easy it is to make a dumb statement. You may not like the Moto Q as a concept, but how can you make such a ridiculous statement that it is "trash?" What is trash is charging 2-2.5X for a device that is marginally better than the Moto Q at best. I'm disappointed - I didn't think you were a Plam fanboy.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Moto Q 115g
    Treo 700 181 g

    For comparison the Moto Razr is 99 g.

    This picture tells the whole story.



    Basically, if you carried a pen in your pocket, you can carry the Q.

    Surur
    lol. a 2.5 inch-wide pen! (64 mm for all you non-american types ).
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Moto Q 115g
    Treo 700 181 g

    For comparison the Moto Razr is 99 g.

    This picture tells the whole story.



    Basically, if you carried a pen in your pocket, you can carry the Q.

    Surur

    Hmmm The more I look at this the more am liking it, I just noticed the BB like scroll wheel, I could see me getting the Q if and when Sprint gets it.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    The Treo 700 series is trash.

    See how easy it is to make a dumb statement. You may not like the Moto Q as a concept, but how can you make such a ridiculous statement that it is "trash?" What is trash is charging 2-2.5X for a device that is marginally better than the Moto Q at best. I'm disappointed - I didn't think you were a Plam fanboy.
    d, calm down! you're gonna have a palm-induced heart attack!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Hmmm The more I look at this the more am liking it, I just noticed the BB like scroll wheel, I could see me getting the Q if and when Sprint gets it.
    It's going to be interesting to see if Samsung releases the i320 soon - it's even smaller and lighter than the Q - and I like the way it combined two adjcaent buttons for each fo the dialing numbers on the front keypad.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    d, calm down! you're gonna have a palm-induced heart attack!
    No way oddlou - I love open and spirited debate, but dismissive arguments are childish at best.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    No way oddlou - I love open and spirited debate, but dismissive arguments are childish at best.
    I concur about the dismissive arguments. The Q looks pretty sweet. I'm sure it'll have some of the same problems the w has with lack of ram on a Windows device, but the form factor is impressive. It'll be interesting to see what the P and Q bring when they're actually out for us to play with.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    lol. a 2.5 inch-wide pen! (64 mm for all you non-american types ).
    A top-bound spiral memo pad is 3x5 inches, and about as thin.

    This may just be the thing that win the executives over.

    Surur
  16. #56  
    Apple to Oranges

    /thread
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    It's going to be interesting to see if Samsung releases the i320 soon - it's even smaller and lighter than the Q - and I like the way it combined two adjcaent buttons for each fo the dialing numbers on the front keypad.
    The i320 is sweet but am not sure about the tiny keypad. One thing that the Q has going for it is it's NEW, unlike the 650/700.
  18. #58  
    Full WM5 apps won't run on it? That's a faulty statement. Again, WM5 Smartphone edition and WM5 Pocket PC for Phones edition both use the same kernel and have the same "power" under the hood. Assuming the CPU is not anemic, video performance, multitasking, Pocket IE, Pocket Office, etc. should all be equivalent. When I got the PPC-6700 lots of apps weren't WM5 friendly. I imagine that situation has improved now. Yes, developers need to code their apps to be D-Pad friendly and not expect that a touchscreen is available, but 700w owners would want them doing that as well.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  19.    #59  
    It's going to be interesting to see where Palm goes from here. They can whitewash it all they want, but they keep putting out ho-hum upgrades at top dollar prices; sooner (than later) their gravy train will be coming to an end.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    I'm sure it'll have some of the same problems the w has with lack of ram on a Windows device, but the form factor is impressive.
    The Q actually has double the RAM (64 MB vs 32 MB) vs the Treo 700w. RAM deficiency is not a property of WM, but Palm.

    Surur
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions