Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    And though thinner, it is also wider and longer. so its not really all that much more "pocketable." $200 cheaper though! If it goes to Sprint, it'll be a deal. On VZW though, the plans are so much more expensive.

There are several threads going on stating that Sprint will be getting the Q, it is a nice alternative to the very involved 700. Personally, am holding out for the "flip" smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I never understand why the Treo user base claims the one-handed superiority of the Treo but then wants a touch screen. If it is one-handed wouldn't you need the second hand to operate the touch screen part? Seems like an empty arguement to me...
    Some people are double-jointed
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I never understand why the Treo user base claims the one-handed superiority of the Treo but then wants a touch screen. If it is one-handed wouldn't you need the second hand to operate the touch screen part? Seems like an empty arguement to me...
    seems like two different arguments, gharrod. Its great to use with one hand, but you can use the touchscreen when you want it. Like Wifi and EVDO, one is great, having the option for both is better.
    And though thinner, it is also wider and longer. so its not really all that much more "pocketable." $200 cheaper though! If it goes to Sprint, it'll be a deal. On VZW though, the plans are so much more expensive.
    Time for my favourite picture again.

It only seems wider than the Treo, but its definitely shorter and thinner.

Surur
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Why are people referring to WM Smartphone as "stripped-down WM" and a "dumbphone" OS.? I think you are misinformed about what WM5 Smartphone edition is capable of.
    These don't have pocket office, right?
    I have a funny feeling that the Q is going to be much easier to type on. I like how thw keyboard is raised from the bottom a little.
    It definately has more space for the keys, but is the screen smaller than the 650,700w/p?
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    I want the Q in a nice Vaja case and that may be a great solution..Sprint, are you listening???
    Motorola Q
    4.57" x 2.52" x 0.47"
    (116mm x 64mm x 12mm)

Palm 700P
    4.40" x 2.30" x 0.90"
    (112mm x 58mm x 23mm)
    Is that with or without the antenna?

Surur
    Motorola Q
    4.57" x 2.52" x 0.47"
    (116mm x 64mm x 12mm)

Palm 700P
    4.40" x 2.30" x 0.90"
    (112mm x 58mm x 23mm)

I don't think the 700 specs include the antenna
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Is that with or without the antenna?

Surur
    Probably without.

That's from Phone Scoop.
  13.    #33  
    It DOES NOT include the antennae - so in effect, the Q is a little wider, that's all. My apologies fo rthe mix-up on EV-DO - the 700w does have EV-DO, but on Verixzon, it's $499 witha two year contract, so it's $300 more than the Q. There is just something seriously wrong here.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I am answering the title of this thread.

It is more exspensive because the Moto Q is trash.
    Probably without.

That's from Phone Scoop.

Well seeing how most of the country is overweight and that the antenna pokes into that bulge I would say drop the antenna
  16.    #36  
    I think I figured it out - Palm is bundling Bejeweled with the Treo 700p - surely THAT warrants a $200-300 premium.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    The Treo 700p is 5.1 inches (129 mm) with antenna. The Q is 116 mm, > 1/2 inch shorter.

Surur
    Also the Q screen is wider.....................
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Yes sports fans, the Moto Q (on Verizon) is $200 LESS than the coveted 700p:

Okay - so tell me again why we have to pay 2X for the 700p?

"with EV-DO enabled data plans to run between $80 and $170 per month, depending on your usage. And don't you even think about tethering this thing, mister.", so $40-$130/month savings plus the ability to tether as a modem helps wipe out this price difference in 2-5 months.

That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Why are people referring to WM Smartphone as "stripped-down WM" and a "dumbphone" OS.? I think you are misinformed about what WM5 Smartphone edition is capable of.
    No touchscreen. There are many WM5 PDA edition apps that will not run on smartphone edition.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast