Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718
    Haggar, I know. I was referring to the same thing. IMO, it should reduce the see-saw effect I get with my Treo when typing on the low-positioned keys.

gex, can you comment as to how reception compares to your 700w? Ideally, go to a spot where you had flakey coverage with the 700w. TIA!
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  2.    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Price is a relative term...as is quality.

The fact is, the huge bulk of the mass market isn't interesting in spending $400+ for a phone. The reason cell phone usage has taken off so much in the USA is because of the "FREE" phone.

Sign up, get your free phone. You're happy you can talk on the phone while sitting on the can at Denny's.

When it comes to the convergence market -- I don't think there's any question that the mass market is at the low end of the price spectrum. A $199 device, simply because of it's affordability, will outsell a $299, $399, or $499 device assuming it does the major things that people expect -- things like e-mail, web browsing, IM'ing etc.

Does that mean I think the MotoQ is "better"? Nope. It's just a fact of the market that when you have something that can easily be perceived as "the same" at a far lower price - its going to outsell the higher priced model.
    Maybe it will only be perception, but I'd bet that users can do 70-80% of what they can on a 700, at half the price. That will have folks scratching their heads, and lightening the load on their wallets.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Maybe it will only be perception, but I'd bet that users can do 70-80% of what they can on a 700, at half the price. That will have folks scratching their heads, and lightening the load on their wallets.
    God gifted me with verbosity. You sir, summed it up in 2 sentences.
  4.    #344  
    God gifted me with verbosity. You sir, summed it up in 2 sentences.
    Nah - that was just ripping off your analysis in a slightly shorter form. I can't believe they'll sell 750,000 in the first month thugh - particualrly with Verizon's data plan prices. Isn't it wierd, though, how Verizon is managing to steal all the thunder these days (slipping in under the Sprint 700p no less).
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    from the FCC internal pics/docs the space below the keyboard is used for the speakers and usb port. This thing is suppose to have great speakers but i have not tried them yet... I left it at home and am working all day and going out tonight so wont be able to play with it until Sat...
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    from the FCC internal pics/docs the space below the keyboard is used for the speakers and usb port. This thing is suppose to have great speakers but i have not tried them yet... I left it at home and am working all day and going out tonight so wont be able to play with it until Sat...
    I think you stole your pics from someone else.

You have the provided the least amount of gloatful, gleeful, in-your-face, I-got-one-na-na-na, this is so cool information I've ever seen someone NOT post after getting one of the hottest new devices!!
  7.    #347  
    I think you stole your pics from someone else.

You have the provided the least amount of gloatful, gleeful, in-your-face, I-got-one-na-na-na, this is so cool information I've ever seen someone NOT post after getting one of the hottest new devices!!
    Yes, he almost seems peaceful, serene, and tranquil, almost chaste in his avoidance of touching until Saturday...

WHAT THE H$## IS WRONG WITH HIM...
    FWIW, I think the idea of stereo speakers on a device this small is silly. I thought it was silly on my Tapwave Zodiac as well. But I think it's especially silly with the Q because the speakers are on the back! When I want to listen to music I'll do it with headphones. I'd prefer the space be used for something else, a larger single speaker, or nothing at all.
  9.    #349  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    FWIW, I think the idea of stereo speakers on a device this small is silly. I thought it was silly on my Tapwave Zodiac as well. But I think it's especially silly with the Q because the speakers are on the back! When I want to listen to music I'll do it with headphones. I'd prefer the space be used for something else, a larger single speaker, or nothing at all.
    Don't know - on some phones, with rear mounted speakers, laying it on a hard flat surfcae amplifies and deepens the sound.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Yes, he almost seems peaceful, serene, and tranquil, almost chaste in his avoidance of touching until Saturday...

WHAT THE H$## IS WRONG WITH HIM...
    Whew...for a second I thought that was in reference to my Avatar. The whole Saturday thing was making me sick...
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Jack...you're head is way too big. That's the problem. If you had a teenie tiny head you'd get the stereo effect quite nicely...
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    LOL.... you guys are funny... did you check out my the quick video i made last night? I stayed up until 1am to do it! Was talking on the phone to someone special most of last night and I kept telling her that there were 100's of people who were going to be upset if I didnt try using the phone.... she is the same person who will be taking up my time tonight
    You should not have zipped the video. You only saved about 60 KB (3% compression). Its a bit pointless.

Surur
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I could not get it to download without ziping it for the life of me.... and it was approaching 1:30 am so i said @#% it and zipped it
    Probably mime types.

Surur
    Why did you leave it at home? Have you not activated it yet?

Can you take some photos comparing the quality of pictures taken with the Q's camera vs your 700w's? Preferably multiple photos in varying lighting conditions and with/without the Q's flash. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    No...it is not activated yet... almost went home at lunch to grab it but I would not be able to play with it while at work anyways...and things are tense around here right now so I think it's better if I'm not showing off a new toy right now

That video shows the extent of how much i have used it

One thing i noticed is that the shiny part (home/back/call/hangup buttons) shows fingerprints really bad.
    Looks lik $300...$200 with 2 year contract

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/05...unches_moto_q/

Verizon and Motorola have confirmed that the carrier will begin selling the handset maker's Windows Mobile 5.0-based smart phone, the Q, on Wednesday, 31 May, and that the deal will be an exclusive one.....

Verizon will charge $300 for the handset, though it will knock $100 off the purchase price for buyers willing to sign up to one of its voice and data tariffs for at least two years. The carrier is offering three airtime packages priced at $80, $110 and $179 each including 450, 1,350 and 4,000 minutes of voice calls, respectively.

The company said each package comes with "unlimited" access to its EvDO high-speed data network, but the TS&Cs limit usage to "internet browsing, email and intranet access", so presumably it will pounce upon anyone who tries to run Skype on the handset.

Motorola announced the Q in July 2005, originally shooting for a Q1 2006 launch window. Pitched as an alternative to RIM's BlackBerry devices, the Q sports an array of push email options - including Good Technology's GoodLink, the firm announced today - and a micro-keyboard.
    I paying less than $110 for 4 phones with unlimited data on da Treo ... so yeah, between the TS&Cs and plan cost Treo worth $200 more.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718