Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    The Q has the stadard price plans any other phone/pda on VZW has... nothing different.... Yes Sprint is a lot cheaper but that has nothing to do with this thread....
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    If you include a decent text messaging plan, that gets you near $100 pre-tax. that's ridiculous. I pay that for two phones with 2000 minutes, unlimited roaming, unlimited web, unlimited text, and all that other stuff. If Sprint gets the Q, a good number of people that wouldn't consider a smartphone normally will be getting that phone.

Sprint would be extremely stupid not to pick up the Q.
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    The Q has the stadard price plans any other phone/pda on VZW has... nothing different.... Yes Sprint is a lot cheaper but that has nothing to do with this thread....
    True, Verizon users would expect prices like that, and having an exuclusive on such a cool phone may convince a few NEW people it worth signing away their life for the next two years. Thats what verizon is paying for, and they must know by now whether its a stratergy that is working or not.

Surur
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    True, Verizon users would expect prices like that, and having an exuclusive on such a cool phone may convince a few NEW people it worth signing away their life for the next two years. Thats what verizon is paying for, and they must know by now whether its a stratergy that is working or not.

Surur
    Oh, its working all right

Were switch all our phones over to VZW... from Sprint and T-Mobile. The perception that Verizon was better by our owners..and they didnt offer EVDO in our area....but to be honest we never wanted to be on Sprint to begin with and only put some lines there because we are a supplier to them of back end equipment....
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    The $80 plan is:

You must admit, its not as bad as you thought, isn't it.

Surur
    Ah, that is MUCH different. Right now Verizon is already raping customers to the tune of $100+ per month for unlimited Internet. What's the biggie?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I got it!!! won't be able to post pics until later since I have some server configs to do unless someone can give me their email address and post 4 me... let the qusers.com people know 4 me
    I actually have used the Q today. We have a model and from my first reaction I would have to say POC.

The keyboard feels like an ATM, the menus are convoluted just like SP 2003, the jog dial is poorly implemented.

I played with the screens for about 5 minutes and it locked up and had to be soft reset. I think I'll pass.
    gex, check your PM.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    According to this PC Mag review you can get a 700 minute 2-line family plan with unlimited data for $110. If that includes unlimited data for both lines, I might be able to justify it. If not, I guess we're talking $150 ($40 for unlimited data for the 2nd line), which would only be $10 cheaper than the $80 x 2 individual plans.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    I actually have used the Q today. We have a model and from my first reaction I would have to say POC.

The keyboard feels like an ATM, the menus are convoluted just like SP 2003, the jog dial is poorly implemented.

I played with the screens for about 5 minutes and it locked up and had to be soft reset. I think I'll pass.
    Sounds like a $199 device to me!
    Meh. I tried an online chat with Verizon and they weren't particularly clueful. But I'm pretty sure that even if I could get the Q (or 700p for that matter) with a family plan, that $40 unlimited data add-on would be for each line. So, you're talking $70 for the family plan including two lines and 750 shared minutes, then $40 x 2 for unlimited data. That's $150/month. With Sprint and SERO I'm looking at $60 ($30 x 2). Even without SERO if I go the traditional route and get a family plan, I'm looking at less than $100.

Sorry for taking this off-topic into a carrier discussion, but I think it's relevant to this thread: Why might the 700p (on Sprint, anyway) be worth $400-500 vs $200 for the Q on Verizon (each with a 2-year contract)? Because, that price isn't the final price. You've got to factor in the monthly costs as well.

Edit: I had left my chat window up with Verizon rep. After he told me the cheapest voice and unlimited data plan for two 700p's would cost $80 x 2, I told him it was too expensive and would cost me half of that with Sprint. He didn't respond, so I left the window up and came to post here. I just checked back and saw that he finally made a response before ending the chat session. His closing statement was, "we have the most reliable netwrok". Whatever.
    Comparing apples, to apples, I understand the Verizon Treo 700p is also $80 for the same plan. This implies when the Q gets to Sprint (in say 3 months) it will still be $200, but only $30/month.

Surur
    Perhaps. If and when it gets to Sprint, I definitely expect it to be priced less than the 700w/p. But unless and until it *does* get to Sprint, it doesn't matter. From the perspective of someone buying a phone *today* who has no strong preference for Sprint or Verizon's network coverage, the Sprint 700p holds up well compared to the Verizon Motorola Q (both in terms of features and TCO).

That's good, get all the bugs out before sending it to Sprint.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    That's good, get all the bugs out before sending it to Sprint.
    OMG! That means we have to wait for MS to get WM6 out?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts

What? this guys high

From my first impression (all of 5 seconds ) the keyboard is better than the 700...but i have to get back to work.. i emailed the pics to scott r...will have more after 5...
    gex, the pics you sent me are all still with the device in the box. This could be useful as proof for people who might doubt that you have one, but I don't think anyone's doubting that. There are already pics online of the Verizon box and there are now several pics of the Q in action. I was kinda hoping you were sending me some pics of the device running various applications. I guess I just don't see much point in hosting these.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    ok cool..will post later then

Was the quality of the pics ok? took them with the 700w... they looked good to me...
    PQ wasn't bad. The colors aren't as vibrant as I'd like, but I've come to expect that as I've seen some pics from the 700w and 700p. I'm actually quite interested to see some Treo 700 vs Moto Q camera shots.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Sorry for the delay!!! Ate dinner

Here it is folks... the actual retail product as you will see it as soon as it is released to the public for sale.

More pics (many) at http://wmphones.com