Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Interesting discussion. I'll be back after 6pm Central, got an errand to run .
    Off to get the MacBook?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    No, you must have very poor dexterity. With my thumb on the 5 way, I can easily reach up to the top of the screen, or down to the lowest row of the keyboard. I use my thumb to tap on screen icons all the time. Generally much easier than tabbing through a bunch of on-screen buttons using the 5 way.

I find this argument amusing. Not one of the posters talking about how wonderful the Motorola is going to be has actually used one. Maybe you should wait to see how it works in the wild before betting so heavily on it. Maybe it'll be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Or maybe it'll be a dog, like the ROKR.

It's called being optimistic.................You must have 3 inch thumbs, I just measured mine there only 2 1/4 inch long. The screen is 3 inches long so I come up a little short.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    It's called being optimistic.................You must have 3 inch thumbs, I just measured mine there only 2 1/4 inch long.
    It's not the size of thumb, but how you use it.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It's not the size of thumb, but how you use it.

LOL am so glad to be back.............
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    Now, if only that came out of Roam's mouth/computer, he would have gotten some of his credibility back
    If you are too lazy to do your own research or reading, I have no desire to do them for you. The differences between the Q and the Treo 700w have been discussed here for months. Please try reading some old posts and thinking before posting again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    You know what's amazing - it's so boring in the Treo camp that my little question has generated a full afternoon of entertainment. Or could it be the insecurity of the Treo 700 camp (present and future) that rises to the top when their hero is challenged?
    D, you're talking about a group that has filled thread after thread after thread about the P for months! You can get us going w/just about anything having to do w/the P! There are much more important things to be insecure about than a smartphone... But seriously, as much as you are mad at Palm about the P, maybe we can wait until the Q comes out to talk about how its so great? While the 600 and 650 give us some idea of what the P is gonna be, we have no real idea how Motorola is gonna do w/the Q.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    If you are too lazy to do your own research or reading, I have no desire to do them for you
    You just posted a complete comparison of the two

Regardless, Thanks for doing the research for me
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    You just posted a complete comparison of the two

Regardless, Thanks for doing the research for me

Hey Birthday Boy -- you have had a PM for hours now!

$45 is a disgrace in itself.

I don't know if the argument is how wonderful the Q is. I think it is how much of a value is it when compared to the W, regardless of if its sales are embarrasing upon release. I do see some value in it when priced so low and inquired if anyone else holds the same, or differing, opinions. Its just a thread for debate about the q vs. W's value, nothing more. Thanks for your input though
    Well, it may have started as a discussion of value, but I think it's degenerated from there. Even on that basis, though, its value is still dependent on its fuction. $200 for something that's basically unusable is not a good value. (I'm not claiming the Q will be worthless, just using this as the extreme case to argue that value is about more than price.)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

Thanks, figured i'd go out tonight to celebrate...gotta get outta this forum sometime

For some reason, unless you sign out, it stays on even with the computer off. Interesting
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I have both full and smart, I prefer the complete WM5. Yes, Smartphone is stripped down.
    So we have two versions with two different prices for two different needs. Brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

Oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BROWN! You turning the big 19? 20? GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING FOR YOUR FREAKIN BIRTHDAY AND GIVE US A BREAK FROM BROWN!!
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    ...as much as you are mad at Palm about the P, maybe we can wait until the Q comes out to talk about how its so great? While the 600 and 650 give us some idea of what the P is gonna be, we have no real idea how Motorola is gonna do w/the Q.
    I'm really not so much mad at Palm as disappointed. They WERE the industry leader, the benchmark to go to in advancing both PDA's and comm devices (Palm Vx; Palm VII; Treo 600) and ever since those grounbreakers, it's been "me too" devices with marginal improvements at the same price points as their former groundbreakers. Maybe I should be disappointed in us for continuing to fee the monster with consumer dollars. Just tell me which devices have "led the way" since those earlier devices - TX? Treo 650? Treo 700?

No, it's not the same. They invented the category, and then played tag along, but because its the Palm name, we continue to pay premium prices for me too goods. I guess it is our own fault...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    <moved>
    Oh Ronnie...how you move me

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Well, it may have started as a discussion of value, but I think it's degenerated from there.
    Now you've offended me. No board has officially "degenerated" until I have contributed.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Oh yeah, I forgot...
    Munk for Mod 06!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Degenerate SOB

Regarding RAM VS Flash, the most important element is RAM, as flash can be added using memory cards at near negligible cost.

Regarding the cost of WM5, the full version is at most $16, the smartphone version likely a lot cheaper. The price of this device has very little to do with the cost.

Surur
    Some pictures comparing thickness. The Treo 700 looks a bit tubby, needs to go on a a diet.

Surur
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast