1.    #1  
    I've been using an MDA for almost three months and I've decided I want to go back to a Blackberry. I miss the simplicity of the BB, especially the no-touch screen. I've using my old 7100 on occasional weekends when I can do without mail access, and I realize I have no use for touch screens. I know I lose a lot of functionality, particularly wi-fi and much better software options, and less-so, the camera. But I now feel I value simplicity more that the loaded device the MDA is.

Anyone interested? I checked with my T-M store and learned I'd have to pay the full $480 price and almost choked. I can't justify it -not yet. Alternatively, I'd consider just selling the MDA which is in like-new condition. Thanks.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    if the 8700 had a camera I might consider it as well. it's a nice device.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
  3.    #3  
    I know these are still new models, but has anyone who used an MDA (or the Cingular Wizard, the 8125) for at least a month, moved to a BB 8700, and how do you feel about the move? Any big regrets? (I know the different functionalities and features very well.) Thanks.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    I'm looking into moving to a MDA from a Treo 650.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by treofun
    I'm looking into moving to a MDA from a Treo 650.
    I think you'd especially appreciate the stability of the MDA and the multi-tasking OS compared to the 650. Although it's still not as rock-stable as a Blackberry from my experience, it is as loaded as most anything out there and there's more goodies coming out for the OS all the time -e.g., mobitv for WM5.
    I like the 8700. All of our company officers use it, and it is rock stable and pretty much straight forward with ease of use. They find my Treo complicated, and posibly a headach, even though it isn't IMO...lol.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    I think you'd especially appreciate the stability of the MDA and the multi-tasking OS compared to the 650. Although it's still not as rock-stable as a Blackberry from my experience, it is as loaded as most anything out there and there's more goodies coming out for the OS all the time -e.g., mobitv for WM5.

Thats excellent news! I'm in the process of taking the big step, I've already put up my Treo 650 on Ebay. It's a bit heart breaking selling this thing after buying a few programs for it and accessories and only having the unit for 2 months. Oh well, i guess its the way it goes.

I have a pretty good deal brewing up for the MDA from Tmob. I have a friend of a friend that works there and can get me one for under $200...

Well, i dont want to get ahead of myself, we'll see how it goes on monday when I see him.

Can't wait to get the MDA in my hands!
    what case are you going to get for it?
    I haven't seen any decent cases for it, has anyone else? There's a case that is supposed to be included in the box, not sure how that would be.

I'll miss the ClearCase I had on my Treo.
    It comes with a pouch. I know that T-mo direct stores also have other cases for it as well.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
  11.    #11  
    Case?? I don't need no stinkin' case. I just dedicate a front pants or other pocket to it and toss it in and out all day. Some lenscrafter spray every 2-3 days keeps it presentable and it looks like new after 4+ months. No drops YET.
    pretty funny responses to my "case" posting. was in jest.

i wonder what kind of screen protector the o.p. went with
    Seidio has the plastic swivel holster available for T-Mobile MDA.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=374