Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been a long time Treo user and loved it...however, its showing its age. I went ahead and bought the E61 just yesterday and I must say that it rocks. It's what the Treo700 should've been.

There are only two things that I can aomplain about the E61. First, its slightly wider than the Treo and secondly, no camera. However, I can prolly count the number of times I've used the camera on the phone on one hand so for me, thats not much of an issue.

-a
    Where did you buy it from? How much? Who's your carrier?

YoungTurk
  3.    #3  
    I live in Dubai and got it from here locally for about US$475. It's completely unlocked which is how we have all phones here.

-a

Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk
    Where did you buy it from? How much? Who's your carrier?

YoungTurk
    I am so sure about buying this one, after the 700 p was announced. There are a number of vendors selling it on ebay for around 650 or so .
    However i am waiting for the prices to come down to 500 or so which may happen in a week or so .
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Cheapest so far . Seems reliable.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Nokia-...QQcmdZViewItem
    should go down further by 100 or so in 1-2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbas
    I live in Dubai and got it from here locally for about US$475. It's completely unlocked which is how we have all phones here.

-a
    Do you know if the E61 has a way of syncing to a Macintosh?
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    Try nova media. They've just released an update yesterday to their iSync plug-in to add support for E61.
  8.    #8  
    Alternatively, you can edit a kext file and add support yourself.

-a
    Quote Originally Posted by CountZero
    Try nova media. They've just released an update yesterday to their iSync plug-in to add support for E61.

Thanks for the info... look forward to trying out the E61.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    I was debating whether to get the Nokia 8801 or the e61, and I think I have finally made my decision, its gonna be the e61. It should hold me over until the next gsm treo or the motorola Q for gsm.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Buying one from ebay tonite .
    519 plus 40 shipping .
    This one should be the last one for me . Screen size is a big plus . Treo700 p & Moto q have small screens . They are out of my list .
    Finally my eyes, and specially my hands (large keys) will get some rest.
    I am interested in the E61 too. All I see for sources though is online. Plonking down big $ sight unseen is not for me. Thank God for the return policy on the MDA or I would have been stuck with that thing. While everything looks promising for the E61 it really can't be judged until thumbs meet keyboard.

Any bricks and mortar stores around that carry the E61? L.A. area FWIW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers

Any bricks and mortar stores around that carry the E61? L.A. area FWIW.
    Nope!!
    Nokia is opening a store in chicago.I don't think they will carry this phone as none of the US provider has owned it.
    Ebay is your best bet.
    If you wait 1-2 weeks , you will be able to save a hundo or so!!
    Goddamnnn it..,it is so hard, to resist. I am about to pull the trigger soon.
    Could we see some pictures please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Buying one from ebay tonite .
    519 plus 40 shipping .
    This one should be the last one for me . Screen size is a big plus . Treo700 p & Moto q have small screens . They are out of my list .
    Finally my eyes, and specially my hands (large keys) will get some rest.
    Are you buying from this ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-new-NOKIA-...QQcmdZViewItem

Also, are you a Mac and iSync user, and do you plan to d/load the novamedia plugin for the e61? What carrier are you with?

YoungTurk
    That phone caught my eye except I think the UMTS radio will only work in Europe so I'd still be with EDGE here in U.S. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I like it. Why didn't they use USB to connect the phone. I cannot understand this practice, I HATE phone specific connectors. USB is CHEAP. I wish firewire would have become the standard, but USB will do. Why can't all makers just use USB? Damn accessory whores.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    What are you using for web surfing?
    Can anybody with the device comment on what charger it uses? The standard one that they have been using for all their phones or the newer, smaller pin plug that they introduced this year such as what is found on the N90?
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast