Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Hmm...What's that phone in Simon Beresford-Wylie's, current CEO at Nokia, and soon to be CEO of the to-be new company Nokia-Siemens Networks right hand? I wonder.......could it be an E61? Oh yeah!

Nokia-Siemens merger news on CNN
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    can u provide links to thehacked tomtom messages?
    Quote Originally Posted by CountZero
    I think there are. I haven't followed the GPS thread on my-symbian.com but you should look there. Or howardforums.com
    Thanks. I think this is the my-symbian.com thread you mean:

http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26089

It doesn't look too great at the moment.

Available options:

nav4all

Horrid, clunky interface. No 3D maps.

Wayfinder

Interface looks much better but as best I can tell maps are delivered over the air; consequently the app consumes huge amounts of data if map view is selected all the time and phone coverage is absolutely required.

Sure to be more compatible apps in the future, but for me the E61 isn't really an option until then.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    now that i have internetradio, wayfinder. i only miss iSilo and the TC community.
    smileyboy, do you have a fully activated version of wayfinder on your phone, or the 5 day trial version? I have the trial version , and while my BT GPS receiver passes satellite feed to Wayfinder just fine, the voice prompts do not work.

I also had an e-mail conversation with a Wayfinder s/w support technician today, and he informed me that though Wayfinder is listed in Nokia's E61 software catalogue (which would make any normal thinking individual feel it's compatible and has been properly tested), the E61 is, on the contrary, NOT compatible with the current version of Wayfinder (ver. 6)

Wayfinder will be releaseing a compatible version for the E61 later this month, according to the support dude. He said he'd let me know when this happens. I'll relay it to this thread in case there are other parties interested in the s/w.

However, be warned, as it's not exactly cheap. Somewhere in the $99 - $159 range, if I remember correctly.

What is your experience with it so far?
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    I like wayfinder. but, I am holding out for TOMTOM.
    According to one post on my-symbian.com Wayfinder was a little confused why e61 owners have wayfinder on their devices. They have since removed it from the nokia downloads for now.
    The reason being is that no one could get the voice prompts to work and a few other bugs. i guess a release is coming soon.

Plus the $100 you pay for this software is for 1 device only. If you switch devices, you have to pay another $100..........
    i am looking elsewhere for now.
    Can someone try to load isilo (found at isilo.com) on the E61 and tell me if it works? thx
    So you don't know if it works or not?
    For me, any pda/phone I get, will have to be able to run isilo.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I believe Smileyboy posted that before he got the device. Since receiving it, he has confirmed isilo is NOT working on this device yet. I too NEED isilo so I will wait until they release it.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Isilo will not be supporrting symbian 3rd unless they find people who want it. The way tyou can show that u r intrested is by going to isilo.om and posting in their forums under devices. I was told that not many people bought iSilo 2nd. So it reallty wouldn't make sense for the, to release anotrher version.
  9. iso
    Hi!

I am currently looking into this phone, but I depend on the note fields in outlook/palm os, and would appreciate if any of you E61 owners could confirm the presence or absence of such functionality in the E61.

Thanks
    Christian
    Norway
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    it has notes, and tasks and they sync fine if you sync via Exchange Active Sync or the cable sync via cable and Nokia PC Suite
  11. iso
    Does this phone have a find-function,like Palm OS?

Christian
    Yes it has a find fumction. It doesnt reset when u use the find feature too.
    I like wayfinder. but, I am holding out for TOMTOM.
    According to one post on my-symbian.com Wayfinder was a little confused why e61 owners have wayfinder on their devices. They have since removed it from the nokia downloads for now.
    The reason being is that no one could get the voice prompts to work and a few other bugs. i guess a release is coming soon.

Plus the $100 you pay for this software is for 1 device only. If you switch devices, you have to pay another $100..........
    i am looking elsewhere for now.
    Check out route 66, it has E61 as a confirmed device:

http://www.66.com/route66/products.p...=0&prodid=1745
    Yes it has a find fumction. It doesnt reset when u use the find feature too.
    Well, E61 doesn't reset. Period. End of discussion...
    What's all the fuss about Rute 66? Google maps is a free app and works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengie
    What's all the fuss about Rute 66? Google maps is a free app and works great.
    Not sure if we talk about the same thing:

Maybe I am missing something, but can you do active navigation (via GPS) with Google Maps? Key in a from and to and get interactive route planning?

Tomtom was my beloved app on the Treo, but is not available for Symbian series 60 3rd edition yet. Looks like Route 66 is getting pretty close and it does work for the E61
    Quote Originally Posted by CountZero
    Well, E61 doesn't reset. Period. End of discussion...
    Second that.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
  18. iso
    Hi!

I just bought the E61, but I have some issues to be resolved if possible:
    1) Where is the "find"-function located? (to search contacts, tasts, calendar etc)
    2) Is the outlook note-field for tasks not supported in the symbian task-function?

Thanks
    Christian
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjv
    Check out route 66, it has E61 as a confirmed device:

http://www.66.com/route66/products.p...=0&prodid=1745
    Thanks. That's more like it!
    I have two questions after reading this thread:

1. Does the E61 sync properly to Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Tasks (all four) with MS Outlook on a PC using the cable?

2. Any recommendations for a non-Ebay reseller that carries the European (non-Asian) version of the E61?

Thanks...
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast