Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Screeeeeeeeeeeen is awesome .
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Djinn or Mtrosexual,

If you can answer some questions for me, I would appreciate it. Any word on setting up the Favorites to individual keyboard letters. Also, how is the text input? I love Keycaps on the Treo and am wondering if the text input is similar or a step down from Treo + Keycaps. Thanks for your insight.
    Have you tried a Mac sync? Does it sync to catogories?
    I do n't hink you can custom configure keboard , with my brief glance at the manual . However , there are a number of shortcuts mentioned in the manual.(available online)
    Keycaps for this phone does not exist.
    I find keys easier and much better to use.Treo's five way is much comortable to thumbpad than the joystick . the bigger screen compensates for all.

Remember life is simple here , no z launcher and other 3rd party apps . OS is fast.
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 05/22/2006 at 11:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Mtreosexual,

Thanks for your response. Although I am 100% sold on the e61, I was really hoping to assign phone contacts to keyboard. It is just so easy to dial frequent contacts by pressing "A" for Adam and "W" for wife. I still might give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by phaijai
    Mtreosexual,

I still might give it a try.
    That is what, i want people to do.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    For all you E61 fans: Cingular is going to carry it soon, to be called the E62.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/31/n...cingular-soon/
    No wifi on the E62.
    Or 3G, or quad-band...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    I beamed mine from Treo using infrared.
    True, but that's hardly syncing, is it?
    How much are you guys getting the E61 for? Ebay prices seem to vary so just wondering which reliable sellers did you get them from.
    Treo Moblog: http://nudle.textamerica.com
    I bought mine for phonesourceusa. Approx 100 bucks cheaper now compared to 3 wks.
    450ish shipped should be okay .
    Quote Originally Posted by CountZero
    True, but that's hardly syncing, is it?
    I would not sync to PC. I keep a hard printout copy with me. The less computer/handheld you put you detailed important info on the better it is . That's just me.
    Well, I am the opposite... The less paper/hard copy I have to carry the better :-)
    I have a few questions, because this device looks like what I THOUGHT the 700P would be. Anyway. This phone looks pretty nice. What about streaming video, audio (like shoutcast)and what headphones can u use with it (i don't see anywhere for my Shure ic3-t to plug in)?
    Has anyone tried surfing the net and listening to music with it? how does it do?

Thinking of buying one of these to replace the 650. Palm's newest release is not up to my standards and is not GSM.
    How does Bluetooth perform on the E61?
    THX
    Oh ueah and whay about MP3 ringtones?
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    I have a few questions, because this device looks like what I THOUGHT the 700P would be. Anyway. This phone looks pretty nice. What about streaming video, audio (like shoutcast)and what headphones can u use with it (i don't see anywhere for my Shure ic3-t to plug in)?
    Has anyone tried surfing the net and listening to music with it? how does it do?

Thinking of buying one of these to replace the 650. Palm's newest release is not up to my standards and is not GSM.
    How does Bluetooth perform on the E61?
    THX
    Works great as MP3 player. I have treid internet radio not shoutcast . The loudspeakers have good sound . You will need an adapter for headphones, and can be done .
    Net browsing is the best , wide screen , way much better than treo. No touch screen. Does have zoom function .
    Bluetooth works great .
    I love this phone. T650 is no comparison with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Oh ueah and whay about MP3 ringtones?
    Nice ones included wth the phone.
    You can use any MP3 as ring tone . No software needed.
    The screen is amazing. The keys are easy to type on. Bluetooth works much better than the 650 and I can voice dial with the bluetooth headset. And it is stable. No resets yet after a week of use. I can also put it in my jeans pocket and not be stabbed by an antenna. The weight is less than the Treo and that makes a noticable difference when I carry it in my pocket rather than a belt case.

I don't think the reception is any better than the Treo, but the E61 works much better in areas of low signal. Where my Treo sounds scratchy with low signal and sometimes drops a call, the Nokia holds the signal and the sound remains clear.

Battery life is better. I got about 5 hours of talk time and 45 emails on one charge.

What I do miss about the Treo is Chatter. The E61 email client is just OK. I use IMAP and I do get push, but the built in app is not as elegent and fully functional as Chatter. The mail interface gets pretty cluttered when syncing multiple mailboxes and needs a Summary screen like Chatter. So far, I see no third party email apps that offer push mail other than the enterprise offerings like Blackberry. Not much use for me as an individual user.
    thanks for the replies. I need to see if Compusa carries these. I know they had a nokia stand
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast