Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengie View Post
    Hey E61 users. Did you see that there is an updated google maps that shows live traffic? www.google.com/gmm from the awesome E61 browser will bring you there. Amazing program that doesn't crash. Sorry. I haven't had any apps
    crash the E61.
    I am a big fan of this phone , However you sit near 3 computers and try to answer a call , sometimes it gets confused and that is becoming an annoyance lately at my work place . In extreme heat it will shut on its own . I have had troubl eon golf course .
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    You know after use for bout 6 months now . This thing still rocks .
    I was tempted recently for tytn, treo 750v . I changed the theme today to a brushed metal one . I am in love with this again . There is no way , i am going to get a tytn , newer treo's or even Dash. Still waiting for something better .. Oh by the way the 990 p , dang SE has quality control issues this time .....
    I will just wait for something better than E61 .....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengie View Post
    I haven't had any apps crash the E61.
    The only app I've had crash was Opera Mini 2 - it just locked up and wouldn't respond. It didn't crash the whole device but I couldn't kill it even after leaving the app, it just sat there, locked-up, in RAM. In the end I had to turn the phone off and on again to clear it out. Still, this is the only crash-type problem I've had in the three or so weeks I've had the E61 so I'm not complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual View Post
    You know after use for bout 6 months now . This thing still rocks .
    I was tempted recently for tytn, treo 750v . I changed the theme today to a brushed metal one . I am in love with this again . There is no way , i am going to get a tytn , newer treo's or even Dash. Still waiting for something better .. Oh by the way the 990 p , dang SE has quality control issues this time .....
    I will just wait for something better than E61 .....
    Where did you find more themes, please?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual View Post
    I was tempted recently for tytn, treo 750v
    I tried a 750v in a shop and would have gone with it but Vodafone UK's data prices were just too high so I passed. Tried the TyTN (actually Vario II) and hated too many things about it (primarily form factor and the fact that they seemed never to have used a quality component when a cheap and crappy one was available) - ended up returning it. So getting the E61 was really a bit of a matter of chance. I have to say though, I'm seriously impressed. It's not just the hardware (infinitely better quality than the Vario II) but I'm really liking Series 60v3: stable, intuitive, powerful - Symbian/Nokia have done a heck of a job here. I wouldn't say it's so great I'll never look at another manufacturer/OS, but come the next time I need a device I'll be checking out the E series (or whatever replaces it) first rather than last.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    No interest in changing the theme myself, but I noticed that there's lots here:

http://www.e-series.org/

- click the 'Nokia E61/E62 Themes' category link

EDIT. Direct link to themes:

http://www.e-series.org/archives/cat...e61e62-themes/
    Thanks Marcol!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Here
    Great site . All free
    http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/nokia-e61-themes/1/
    Thanks Mtreo!

Picked up a E62 today... I'll be loosing the HTC TyTn I have for this device... one thing I can't figure out though, how can I "two button touch" to check e-mail?

With the E62 you can only set for auto check every 15 minutes (thanks Cingular) versus the E61 where I read from these posting you can POP/check every 5 minutes (which is liveable)... yes, I understand that I can set up BB service, but our e-mail host doesn't work well with that...

So... my quesiton is, as with my T600, T650, and T700p, I could always send/receive with a one button (hitting twice). With the E62, I have to "click and joystick" around. How can I "two-button-touch" with the E62?

Can anyone help me with this?

[overall, SOLID, SIMPLE, CLEAN device... great feel... and NO resets!]

--Craig
    Palms A-Z--> Blackberry/s--> Treo300--> Samsung i330--> Kyocera 7135--> Samsung i600--> Treo600--> Treo650--> xv6700--> Treo650--> MotoQ--> Treo700p --> HTC TyTn--> 8700--> Pearl--> 8800--> Curve
    One other question, and I've searched and searched... how can I "hard reset" to restore "factory default setting" thereby erasing all work/playing that I've done on the E62?

Thank you again in advance for your help...
    Palms A-Z--> Blackberry/s--> Treo300--> Samsung i330--> Kyocera 7135--> Samsung i600--> Treo600--> Treo650--> xv6700--> Treo650--> MotoQ--> Treo700p --> HTC TyTn--> 8700--> Pearl--> 8800--> Curve
    This on a T-Mobile UK E61. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by of EWD View Post
    Picked up a E62 today... I'll be loosing the HTC TyTn I have for this device... one thing I can't figure out though, how can I "two button touch" to check e-mail?
    When I switch to a mail box the device asks 'Connect to mailbox'. Click 'Yes' to receive new mail. Covers some options, but not the situation where you're already in a mailbox and want to receive new mail - as far as I know you have to navigate the menu to do that. Sending is better. To send a message you've just composed simply push the green button.

With the E62 you can only set for auto check every 15 minutes (thanks Cingular) versus the E61 where I read from these posting you can POP/check every 5 minutes (which is liveable)
    I have one POP and one IMAP account. Min retrieval interval for the POP account is 30 min, IMAP is 5 min.
    One other question, and I've searched and searched... how can I "hard reset" to restore "factory default setting" thereby erasing all work/playing that I've done on the E62?

Thank you again in advance for your help...
    http://my-symbian.com/s60v3/faq/show...aq=1&fldAuto=7

or

http://my-symbian.com/s60v3/faq/show...aq=1&fldAuto=6
    Thanks Marcol!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Couple questions for you E62 users. The 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter I was using on the Treo, will not work on my E62. I get an error message saying enhancement device not authorized or something. Any ideas? I would like to be able to listen to music with some stereo headphones.
    Also, myspace.com will not load on the web browser. It will load the very top header line and then say error loading page for the rest of it. Any else try this?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I am using the E62 with Good's software. Can you use any other email software programs at the same time? With a treo I was able to use Good and Versamail.
    Audibleair is now avalible for the E61
    What's the difference between the E61 and the E62?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser View Post
    What's the difference between the E61 and the E62?
    The E61 supports 3G and WIFI. Other then that, nothing.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepik View Post
    looks nice..I can sense the new phone excitement via those pics
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast