Quote Originally Posted by msmobiles
    it is just an evolutionary upgrade to HP iPAQ 6515, that still lacks UMTS/HSDPA

GRRRRRR!!!!
    Slightly more considered response:

It seems to have a whole bunch of superceded technologies:

GPRS and EDGE but no 3G
    Bluetooth 1.2, not 2
    802.11b not g
    Probably not SiRFIII GPS either (I'm pretty sure the HP website would mention this if it was).

hw6915 specs
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    Slightly more considered response:

It seems to have a whole bunch of superceded technologies:

GPRS and EDGE but no 3G
    Bluetooth 1.2, not 2
    802.11b not g
    Probably not SiRFIII GPS either (I'm pretty sure the HP website would mention this if it was).

hw6915 specs
    dont forget its USB 1.1 and not 2.0

No it isnt SIRFIII GPS like the Mio701 (or whatever that number it is)
    Looks nice. I am glad that they put WM5 but that should have been in the previous model. I wonder what the price tag will be?
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno
    Looks nice. I am glad that they put WM5 but that should have been in the previous model. I wonder what the price tag will be?
    a lot...as usual for the ipaq's...check expansys (although not a good company to use for comparison, but their prices are "low")
    Yeah, I think I will pass for now. I have my wizard and I think I will wait for the next GSM treo, especially if it is running wm5.

Side note @ hofo_mofo, I never see you on hofo anymore. What's up?

7.    #8  
    Yeah, I think I will pass for now. I have my wizard and I think I will wait for the next GSM treo, especially if it is running wm5.

Side note @ hofo_mofo, I never see you on hofo anymore. What's up?
    im still there...i lurk moreso now...i established some rules for myself as i wanted to devote more time away from there and here while studying

1. during the school year it is firewalled; only during reading week and winter vacation is it allowed to be used (both hofo and treocentral)
    2. I do not post in the lounge at hofo, and to a lesser extent here as well

I have summer school starting next week but i doubt i will have it firewalled but if things get hairy yeah i will...but i dont wanna
    I see. I am glad to see that you are still alive.

i find that the hp might win people over because of the treo like design and a better os
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  10.    #11  
    I see. I am glad to see that you are still alive.
    alive yes...barely however lol
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    i find that the hp might win people over because of the treo like design and a better os
    the treo design is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    the treo design is addictive
    i think it is very addictive. i think where palm has faltered is in the implentation of new os. after using the windows os on my dell pda, though more difficult, it is light years ahead of the dated palm os. i was hoping with the new palm treos coming out a new larger screen would come out as well.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.