1.    #1  
    As per the title...I am thinking of gowing that route but I just wanted to see if anyone here has done it already
    No, I went from the Treo 650 to the HTC Wizard/T mobile Vario. Not regreted it so far - multiple BT devices connected, multitasking, seemingly easier to tweak OS (WM5) missing sync only alpha support for macs - full version due sometime soon. Plus this model has the slide out keyboard which is better than the Treo, but it isn't very one handed yet.

I was running windows xp/Treo 650 now I've moved across to Mac/T Mobile Vario. Luckily I can still load windows as it's an intel mac.

WM5 does things differently to Palm OS, but I've had it a week and not once had a crash, whereas the treo would HAVE to be reset to use Tom Tom (slower to load on WM5 the Treo) The Treo barely worked with my car BT kit, and not at all with the 1.20 updater.

The move across is easy. Just sync your Treo, backup all databases on PC, then install active sync and all your calendars & address book are on the WM5 device. Doesn't do memos but has word mobile (& excel & powerpoint). plus a great Note taking app which does handwritting recognition, voice recording & just scribble on screen.

Overall I'm impressed.

Take a look at www.xda-developers.com
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  3.    #3  
    i had the KJam, but i didnt like the fact that i didnt have a front side keypad (short of using the touch screen). But I am willing to give it a second chance, however this time i I will go for the Prophet (Jamin); thinner, nice finish, more solid, better softbuttons and geared towards pure 1 handed use. I know there wont be a keyboard but i think transcriber will help me with that
    I have the same feelings - love the keyboard on the Treo but would rather have none than something that has to be slid out. I pretty much agree with the rest of your assessment of the Prophet too - I've been sorely tempted, but passed in the end because of the absence of 3G. The lack of 3G GSM smartphones is just silly at this point Don't they want my money?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    I have the same feelings - love the keyboard on the Treo but would rather have none than something that has to be slid out. I pretty much agree with the rest of your assessment of the Prophet too - I've been sorely tempted, but passed in the end because of the absence of 3G. The lack of 3G GSM smartphones is just silly at this point Don't they want my money?
    Well the HTC Hermes is coming out shortly...but yeah I understand your viewpoint in regards to lack of 3G GSM smartphones/convergent devices.

I think another problem HTC needs to fix is making triband devices still over quad band. If there was a quad band EDGE Universal i would be all over that like white on rice lol
    The only thing that I would miss on the Prophet/Jamin is the qwerty keyboard. I find it hard for me to use a phone without a keyboard since I have been using a phone with one for so long. I also have a SuperJam that I use on occaision but I prefer my Wizard/Treo.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    Well the HTC Hermes is coming out shortly...
    As the MDA Vario II on T-Mobile over here (which is good as T-Mobile are the only UK operator with decent data prices). I'm pretty tempted, but again it's a slider and I don't really want that. I wish they'd updated the JAM/Prophet design to 3G before the Wizard.

The Nokia E61 will be out any day now and might be worth a look, but I fancy I'll find it too wide. Not too sure about Symbian/Series 60 either - simply don't know enough about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    If there was a quad band EDGE Universal i would be all over that like white on rice lol
    The Universal is the one 3G smartphone I could buy today, but given I'm worried about the size of the E61, you can imagine what I think of that
    E61 is not a bad size. Is very similar to a BB but it is much thinner. The E61 feels great in the hands but the joystick in the middle of the phone did seem a bit out of place. I would have preferred a jog dial or d pad.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    I am loving my MDA Pro. VGA screen and full keyboard makes logmein.com work very very well, even over UMTS. A2DP works acceptably. I am installing an A2DP reciever in my car in 3 weeks.

Its huge for a phone, but I see it more as a mini laptop.

Surur