1.    #1  
    http://www.technologyevangelist.com/...s_ppc_670.html

And the winner is ...... ah go read it
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    http://www.technologyevangelist.com/...s_ppc_670.html

And the winner is ...... ah go read it
    He should check out smartskeys.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=smartskeys
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I'm unimpressed with the review. Wifi is faster than EVDO. Unless he had a crummy wifi hotspot. PIE is TONS better than Blazer. Blazer is terrible, especially with 1xRTT. If the Treo 700s battery drains in the same time as the 6700s that is a major problem as it is a few hundred mAh larger. I personally like the 6700s keyboard, I did enjoy the Treo 650s too though, since it was always available. Also GSM EDGE service does not allow call interupts like EVDO, it just shuts off the data connection in a much better manor than 1xRTT.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Wifi is faster than EVDO. Unless he had a crummy wifi hotspot.
    This is often a misunderstood phenomenon - Wi-fi might be listed as "faster" than EVDO, but in practice, it's often a wash. You can prove this to yourself at DSLReports.com. The slow processors inherent in these devices, (often) slow memory type, and the heavy rendering requirement of most web pages evens out any raw speed differences one might see on paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    I'm unimpressed with the review. Wifi is faster than EVDO. Unless he had a crummy wifi hotspot. PIE is TONS better than Blazer. Blazer is terrible, especially with 1xRTT. If the Treo 700s battery drains in the same time as the 6700s that is a major problem as it is a few hundred mAh larger. I personally like the 6700s keyboard, I did enjoy the Treo 650s too though, since it was always available. Also GSM EDGE service does not allow call interupts like EVDO, it just shuts off the data connection in a much better manor than 1xRTT.
    I find that while PIE is *much* faster than Blazer, I also find that Blazer is far superior to PIE at rendering web-sites.

Wi-fi? The only place that I can use it is home. If I'm home I'll use the laptop, not a small phone device. Wi-fi at work requires entering a password and token on a VPN screen, which PIE can't render unfortunately. So ... I don't think I've ever used wi-fi even once. (Other than to say "wow, it works.") Granted, I may be a unique case here, but wi-fi simply doesn't get my goat off.

I must say after using the 8125 for a few months now that I still like my old Treo 650's keyboard better. (Also: The keyboard on my 8125 is starting to get a bit loose .. I hope I don't have to be concerned with it.)

That said: WM5 is still the way to go now ... even with it's quirks.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)