1.    #1  
    Not a bad deal....nice to see some sudden price drops in PDA's recently eh?

Staples is selling it for $299 in-store (price on website is more)

check out this site for more details.....If this colour Vx wasn't coming, i'd personally be hovering at Staples trying to decide right now.

http://members.home.net/anwarasw/
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA
    ...If this colour Vx wasn't coming, i'd personally be hovering at Staples trying to decide right now...
    That's exactly why the prices are dropping.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Clie's arent selling, thats why the price drop.

The new PDA user doesn't know anything about the 505.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    The Clie has turned out to be a complete flop in the US market. Consumers don't seem to like it very much, and I think size has something to do with it. The device is extremely small, in fact, like the M100 it is too small. When pics of the Clie first started hitting the web last year, the device pictured seemed to roughly the size of the Palm III. But when it finally hit stores, I was completely shocked at how small it really is. Another problem is functionality, or lack thereof. While the Clie may be stylish, it doesn't do anything that any other Palm based device does. Aside from the Memory stick slot, its just a Palm M100 in disguise.

The only redeeming quality to the Clie is the backlight. I really do hope Palm goes back to this form of lighting rather than the current inverse scheme.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony eventually abandons the PDA market entirely, and that could be a good thing. I predict trouble ahead for Palm and its licensees. There are simply too many Palm OS devices hitting the market. Eventually, these products are going to hit the saturation point. Just as the dot com bubble burst...so could the PDA bubble. Palm really needs to push this platform ahead...soon!
  5.    #5  
    still, knowing now what i mainly use my visor for, if i could go back in time (oh do i EVER wish i could do this for other reasons ) i think i'd go for the clie at $249 over the VisorDx.

just my opinion though. so don't rant and rave and tell me why it's a mistake. because, well, it's my opinion!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    I'm back in my deluxe (my wife wanted the prism to show pictures of our son to her co-workers) and I have to say it isn't that bad. I didn't realize how often I didn't use my prism outside until now because I can. The biggest pain in the **** is dragging the damn cradle across my desk when I try to remove it. I forgot all about that little catch in the back. I also didn't realize the difference in weight was that great. Oh well, back to square 4.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.