1.    #1  
    Does anyone know... Which Windows Mobile phones have A2DP?
    Do you mean out of the box, or hacked on?

My HTC Universal (originally MDA Pro) with the Qtek ROM has it. All the HTC Wizards can now be hacked to have it, as well as the HTC Tornados. The Quanta O2 Atom has it natively, as does the Samsung i300 wm smartphone. Also the SDA Music and Eten m500 and m600 and g500.

So, looking at the current generation of devices, it looks like some in ROM, and most in some way.

Surur
  3.    #3  
    Ok, thanks, I never heard of Eten before. I just looked in to it.

I see also that the Cingular 8125 has A2DP, as well as most of the features of my 700w, and also wi-fi, however it uses EDGE, which is much slower than EDVO?
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Ok, thanks, I never heard of Eten before. I just looked in to it.

I see also that the Cingular 8125 has A2DP, as well as most of the features of my 700w, and also wi-fi, however it uses EDGE, which is much slower than EDVO?
    A2DP is only available on the 8125 by using the hacked ROM update from xda-developers - Cingular has not released it yet for customer use. EV-DO (Verizon and Sprint) is much faster than EDGE (Cingular) which is really more like Sprint's Vision service. The WiFi is great for hotsposts, at home, the office, etc.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    however it uses EDGE, which is much slower than EDVO?
    EDGE gets speeds ranging from 100 to 200 Kbits, compared to an average of 400 for EVDO. So yes, it's slower, but there are arguments in favor of GSM. For instance, you can take your device with you to another network. There are also UMTS devices scheduled to be out by the end of the year that will provide EVDO-like speeds on Cingular's UMTS/HSDPA network.
    Add the PPC 6700 to that list. A2DP now also works on that device. Only the Treo 700w seems to be left out....

Surur
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Just got A2DP working on my 6700 today. I am bummed though as I don't have a headset. I tried to make it play through my laptop, but that didn't really work.
  8.    #8  
    thanks all

ls3mach, you got a2dp working but you dont have a headset? huh?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    thanks all

ls3mach, you got a2dp working but you dont have a headset? huh?

Yeah, I somehow got it to transmit sound to my notebook, but it wouldn't play anything. It once sent the AVRCP signal to it, but I got some kind of error on that too. I am hoping to get a pair of HT-820s. I have read good things about them and the PPC-6700 on PDAPhoneHome.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Could the T-Mobile MDA be upgraded with a ROM for A2DP?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Yes. Check out www.xda-developers.com
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    The new Cingular "Hermes" (code name) aka HTC TyTn is supposed to have A2DP out of the box
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    The new Cingular "Hermes" (code name) aka HTC TyTn is supposed to have A2DP out of the box

Has it been released yet?
    Its now shipping in Taiwan, and will ship in a week or two in Germany on O2. Its confirmed to be coming to Cingular around August.

Surur
    The Motorola Q also has A2DP out of the box.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    The Motorola Q also has A2DP out of the box.
    But that's the one with no touch screen right?
    But that's the one with no touch screen right?
    It's the WM5.0 Smartphone Edition - no touch screen.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    It's the WM5.0 Smartphone Edition - no touch screen.
    Ok, sorry for the remedial question. That means there is more than 1 version of the Q? Is there one with A2DP and a touchscreen?
    nope, not at the moment.
    Ok, sorry for the remedial question. That means there is more than 1 version of the Q? Is there one with A2DP and a touchscreen?
    It means there are 2 versions of WM5.0 - one of them for Pocket PCs, one of them for Smartphones.