Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    On the Treo 650, on your favorites, you can easily, and in a one-handed-fashion, easily dial one of your speed-dial/favorites by pressing the spacebar after highlighting the favorite. You can then select the number you want to dial. Does anyone know if there's a way to do this instead of inputting a new entry for each number of a contact? This was a very handy feature on the Treo.

Also, and yes, I've searched, and yes I've seen some responses, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if the threaded SMS has been solved yet. I know about the 3 options and the 1 O2 option, but is there anything that works well?

Do I need to use SPB alongside this to work?
    Last edited by waynew73; 04/30/2006 at 03:58 AM.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73
    On the Treo 650, on your favorites, you can easily, and in a one-handed-fashion, easily dial one of your speed-dial/favorites by pressing the spacebar after highlighting the favorite. You can then select the number you want to dial. Does anyone know if there's a way to do this instead of inputting a new entry for each number of a contact? This was a very handy feature on the Treo.

Also, and yes, I've searched, and yes I've seen some responses, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if the threaded SMS has been solved yet. I know about the 3 options and the 1 O2 option, but is there anything that works well?
    On the first one, get Smartskeys from the xda-developers sight (do a quick search). This one utility makes the Wizard family (8125, MDA) a real one-handed device. It allows "click and hold" on the smartkeys to open the pull down start menu and truly CLOSE (not just hide) a running program. Then, specific to your question, the Dpad can be set in the phone application, once you press the green button: pushing up on the Dpad opens the speed dial entries, pushing down opens the call log (for returning calls), pushing right opens Contacts, pushing left opens the Inbox. You can change these settings. AND, it can be set to let the sound slider smooth scroll up and down in PIE, leaving the Dpad to skip through links on the page.

SWEET
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I actually find Contact Breeze to my tool of choice for fast dailing anyone in my address book (click on the picture for a Handago link):

Hobbes - I'm a little confused - do you have to use PocketBreeze first to add ConactBreeze to it?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I tried ContactsBeeze but opted for the built in one because I don't like to touch the screen. With Smartskey I can dial from my Speed dial quickly and when I scroll through Contacts I like how it jumps to first letters of last names, that way I can find the number fast. ContactsBreeze required the use of screen tapping.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I don't think I was that clear. The following is how I dial one-handed without touching the screen:

1.) Press green phone button.
    2.) Push D-Pad up to get to speed dials.
    3.) Press centr button on D-Pad to dial.

If not in Speed Dial:

1.) Press green phone button.
    2.) Press rt. on D-Pad.
    3.) Scroll through Contacts to name.
    4.) Press center button to call.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Plus I have my most frequently called numbers on my Today page (with a pic) for quick one button dialing just like the Treo 700w.

Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Plus I have my most frequently called numbers on my Today page (with a pic) for quick one button dialing just like the Treo 700w.
    Now THAT is something I'd like to be able to do.

BTW - I think we should nominate Smartskeys for best utility of the year in any OS on any platform - I've never been so impressed by the value added to a product by third party developer before. I sent him a PayPal payment even though all he wants is a postcard with a fancy stamp for his collection from around the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Hobbes - I'm a little confused - do you have to use PocketBreeze first to add ConactBreeze to it?
    ContactBreeze is an addon for PocketBreeze, sorry...I should have noted that in my post above.
    This is what you need:

Photo Dialer

if this link doesnt work anymore, search the xda. developers forum, program was ripped right from the treo 700w ROM, works great on mu 8125
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"

BTW - I think we should nominate Smartskeys for best utility of the year in any OS on any platform
    So guys, Smartskey works only on the Wizard platform?

TIA,

Bob Duckworth
    No it works on most WM5 devices. I have it on my 6700
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    This is what you need:

Photo Dialer

if this link doesnt work anymore, search the xda. developers forum, program was ripped right from the treo 700w ROM, works great on mu 8125
    Thanks CP; I'll give it a try in a few days.
    Thanks CP; I'll give it a try in a few days.
    it works great, only one thing, when you tap the pic it dials and calls, but doesnt go into the phone app, just hit the Call Status button and it goes into the phone app. it works great, its a MUST HAVE.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    This photo dial is amazing! (Even if you don't use the photo support!)

THANK YOU for posting. My device enjoyment just spiked.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    it works great, only one thing, when you tap the pic it dials and calls, but doesnt go into the phone app, just hit the Call Status button and it goes into the phone app. it works great, its a MUST HAVE.
    Does photo dial use your speed dial list, or is it a separate list? Reason I ask is that speed dial is two buttons away (Phone; then Dpad up) in Smartskeys?
    Does photo dial use your speed dial list, or is it a separate list? Reason I ask is that speed dial is two buttons away (Phone; then Dpad up) in Smartskeys?
    its seperate, you put whomever you want on it, it even goes off the screen, so you can scroll over past the 5 in view.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  18.    #18  
    CP, does the speed dial allow you to store more than one phone number under a picture?

My real want with the favorites/speed dials is to be able to dial more than number for a person under a dial. With the treo, I just use the spacebar to display the different numbers under a person..(mobile, business, home) as opposed to having to create a different speed dial for each number.

I'm really considering going back to the MDA, but this is a feature that I needed and the chat threading too. The one-handed use is important for me because I mobile worker and business traveler, but my home base is NYC. the mda's wi-fi is great for me because I can hop on hotel wi-fi's where I don't use my data network although t-mobile works perfectly overseas.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73
    CP, does the speed dial allow you to store more than one phone number under a picture?
    the way it works is you select the speed dial number you want, to dial that one you just click the pic, if you hold on the pic drop down menu opens with options of calling other numbers for that contact, and even to send a SMS.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    the killer feature of this utility to me is the ability to add extra numbers to the phone number without altering the original contact card. brilliant!
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast