Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Well, where do I begin?....I bought a Treo 650 in January and was really happy...until I convinced myself that a blackberry was easier (I'd had several resets and some phonecall issues on the Treo). So, I sold my Treo and waited over 2 months for the new Blackberry 8700 to come out on T-Mobile.

It's only been 3 days but I'm wondering if I made a mistake! I'm irritating myself!!! I just don't think the BB is that great.... I mean, it seems stable and puch e-mail is great, but I just don't feel excited about it.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I'm actually contemplating returning the BB and buying another Treo (wish the 700p was out already though I need T-Mobile service)!!!!

HELP!!!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I would return the BB and get yourself a 650. You can get one for less than $99 now. When the 700p comes out, ebay your 650 and buy the 700p. Shoulda kept your 650.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    I would return the BB and get yourself a 650. You can get one for less than $99 now. When the 700p comes out, ebay your 650 and buy the 700p. Shoulda kept your 650.
    I had an unlocked, unbranded 650 before....spent a lot of $$$ for it. Don't think $99 is possible, even if it isn't unbranded. I'm in the middle of my contract with T-Mobile so am somewhat limited. Plus, won't the 700p only be offered by Cingular?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Switch to sprint and get a 700p when they hit? I'm good with the 650 for another year I think, so will probably be upgrading to an 800p/l/anything but w. But apparently you weren't happy with the 650.... what else are you needing for your device? just phone/email?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Switch to sprint and get a 700p when they hit? I'm good with the 650 for another year I think, so will probably be upgrading to an 800p/l/anything but w. But apparently you weren't happy with the 650.... what else are you needing for your device? just phone/email?
    Don't think I can get out of my contract (just extended it through April of '08) which is fine b/c I'm really happy with my plan and coverage....which means I need an unlocked Treo, whichever model it is.

I'd used Palm PDAs for years (m505, m515, Tungsten T5, etc) and really wanted an all in one device, so the Treo made sense. Essentially, it was most important (and still is I guess) to have my calendar, address book, tasks and memos in one place. I'd signed up for internet service too b/c I really liked accessing my email (even though Versamail is horrible....got Snappermail instead).

Don't know why I got this Blackberry thing into my head....though I will say that I started having some phone probs with my Treo (friends would call and my phone wouldn't ring).
    I'm a T-Mo guy. Had an unlocked/unbranded Treo 650, loved it. Thought the MDA would be better. Wasn't for me, so I gave it back to T-Mo.

Thought that the Blackberry would give me something better. Bought a 7230 off Craigslist for $100. Gave my Treo 650 to my wife who is a complete techno-phobe and she got it right away. What an eye-opening experience to see a complete neophyte understand how to get things done on the Treo in just a couple of minutes, with minimal coaching. I can't get it back now.

I am using Blackberry's Desktop Redirector on my workstation to shoot my corporate email to the BB because I don't have a Blackberry Enterprise Server. Horrible, horrible horrible piece of software. Sends the same emails to me over and over. Collides with a mission-critical piece of software for my business.

So . . . .

Today FedEx brought me a Palm bluetooth headset to replace the old one I had and lost. DHL brought me a little love package from Boxwave -- skins, screen protectors. Now I'm waiting for UPS to bring me a brand new Treo 650, unlocked/unbranded. It's on the truck and I log on every day to see how far the package has come. I can't wait. I should have spent the extra money for 2 day delivery.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris
    Well, where do I begin?....I bought a Treo 650 in January and was really happy...until I convinced myself that a blackberry was easier (I'd had several resets and some phonecall issues on the Treo). So, I sold my Treo and waited over 2 months for the new Blackberry 8700 to come out on T-Mobile.

It's only been 3 days but I'm wondering if I made a mistake! I'm irritating myself!!! I just don't think the BB is that great.... I mean, it seems stable and puch e-mail is great, but I just don't feel excited about it.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I'm actually contemplating returning the BB and buying another Treo (wish the 700p was out already though I need T-Mobile service)!!!!

HELP!!!
    You do know that you can get BB Connect on the 650 now, right? It's free from Palm.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    I'm a T-Mo guy. Had an unlocked/unbranded Treo 650, loved it. Thought the MDA would be better. Wasn't for me, so I gave it back to T-Mo.

Thought that the Blackberry would give me something better. Bought a 7230 off Craigslist for $100. Gave my Treo 650 to my wife who is a complete techno-phobe and she got it right away. What an eye-opening experience to see a complete neophyte understand how to get things done on the Treo in just a couple of minutes, with minimal coaching. I can't get it back now.

I am using Blackberry's Desktop Redirector on my workstation to shoot my corporate email to the BB because I don't have a Blackberry Enterprise Server. Horrible, horrible horrible piece of software. Sends the same emails to me over and over. Collides with a mission-critical piece of software for my business.

So . . . .

Today FedEx brought me a Palm bluetooth headset to replace the old one I had and lost. DHL brought me a little love package from Boxwave -- skins, screen protectors. Now I'm waiting for UPS to bring me a brand new Treo 650, unlocked/unbranded. It's on the truck and I log on every day to see how far the package has come. I can't wait. I should have spent the extra money for 2 day delivery.
    Tastypeppers, you're making me feel better!

Wow, so it's not just me! I set up the BIS on the Blackberry, since I just want my yahoo mail delivered. It works, but I'm just not that mad about the device. Don't know what it is.

Good for you for buying a new one! Hope it gets delivered soon!

By the way, any recommendations for email software on the Treo?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    You do know that you can get BB Connect on the 650 now, right? It's free from Palm.
    Thought it was only offered to SingTel customers as of now....???? Not in the U.S.
    Kmorris,

For email on the Treo 650 there really is only one choice for me at the moment -- www.chatteremail.com.

Maybe the Blackberry Connect service on the Treo 650 (when it is available here instead of just SingTel) will be an ocean of fabulosity, but I'm not touching it.

Even Versamail works just fine. But Chatter works better, feels better, looks better.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    Kmorris,

For email on the Treo 650 there really is only one choice for me at the moment -- www.chatteremail.com.

Maybe the Blackberry Connect service on the Treo 650 (when it is available here instead of just SingTel) will be an ocean of fabulosity, but I'm not touching it.

Even Versamail works just fine. But Chatter works better, feels better, looks better.
    I'd heard of Chattermail...will check it out - thanks! I had problems with Versamail from the beginning and was told by the store I purchased the Treo from that it was known to cause resets (not sure if this is accurate). So I tried Snappermail. Worked OK, but I hated the 'polling' every 15min that would interrupt what I was doing!
    I am addicted to chatter, I now understand why people love blackberries.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Can you hook us up with a link?

kmorris - you coming back to the dark side or what? Mwuhahahahahaha!
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Can you hook us up with a link?

kmorris - you coming back to the dark side or what? Mwuhahahahahaha!
    Thinking about it.....

Love your avatar:-)
    I had several 650's with Cingular and returned many of them. The last phone I had was stable but I needed more e-mail / wireless sync capabilities. I went to the 8700c and love it. I do not watch movies, take pictures or listen to MP3's on my Treo. If you want that kind of device the BB is not for you. I looked at what I was using my Treo for and the BB does EVERYTHING better. I was going to wait for BB Connect but it will not permit inviting of attendee's to meetings so njot that great a deal for me. I have been waiting for a WM5 Treo GSM phone. This might draw me back to a Treo but I travel internationally and the data planbs for the Treo do not allow for unlimited internationally roaming. The BB does meaning that when I travel internationall I get all of my e-mail, calendar, memos, tasks and contacts wireless synched with no roaming fee's. I also get all my Internet data with no roaming fee's.
    From a business and international perspective my BB really beats my Treo. Don't get me wrong I really loved my Treo but the resets and buggy versions of Versamail ( since BB Connect is going to be Versamail based I am not looking forward to that! ) have made me look to other devices.

I have had my 8700c on for 2 weeks straight and no resets and is working flawlessly!
    You did not know what you were buying! Your not supposed to get excited about a BB! It is a relatively boring piece of hardware that has a very limited amount of applications/flexibility.

It just does email better than anything else. The email is reliable, the device is stable and the compression used on RIMs back end makes sending and receiving incredibly fast.

If you are looking for a toy/hobby, go back to the treo. If you are looking for the best email device available, download some themes, fool around with pocketday and the other decent apps and learn to love it!
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 04/21/2006 at 12:34 AM. Reason: fixed the quotes
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    The redirector is crap. I just have BIS poll my corporate exchange server via pop. No longer than a 15 minute delay and the system does a good job at speeding up the check intervals when it thinks you are emailing back and forth.

Personal gmail gets forwarded to my bb address and is instant.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I am totally happy with my 8700. Very stable and a great business device. The browser is also much better then other BB's and tremendously faster then my Treo 650's was.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I am totally happy with my 8700. Very stable and a great business device. The browser is also much better then other BB's and tremendously faster then my Treo 650's was.
    While I was impressed with the speed of EDGE on the 8700, I was disappointed that I couldn't access certain sites that I could on my Treo650...such as my bank website. I could only get to a certain point on the site and couldn't access my bank transactions, regardless of which browser settings I configured. Weird. I had no problem with this on the Treo.
    Thought it was only offered to SingTel customers as of now....???? Not in the U.S.
    Search. It's available here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast