1.    #1  
    Does anyone have experience with strong backup software for the Cingular 8125? And would this work to reinstall all information after a ROM upgrade?

It's a shame that Activesync does not automatically backup files and settings like the Palm Hotsync software.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    No, dont restore from a backup after a ROM update. Sprite backup I believe is good and free. Never used it, but I hear about it all the time on PDAPhoneHome.com
    I use Spb Backup. Not free but works very well and is pretty flexible about customizing backups and restores. Backups can be scheduled, etc. I can also confirm, however, that you cannot restore after a ROM update, and share your regret that AS doesn't work more like HotSync.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks very much for your help (both of you). Based on the online reviews and your feedback, seems like spb Backup is a good choice and compatible with SmartsKey and VoiceCommand. I'll skip the ROM update with this in the future.... as soon as Cingular releases the upgrade version next month.