Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
  1.    #1  
    This picture of the new color Palm V was sent allegedly sent anonymously to PalmStation. Yes, it does carry the faint odor of Photoshop but, as the poster pointed out, "I've had doctored-looking images in the past that turned out to be accurate."

    I'll tell you one thing: if this is what it looks like (no additional thickness), I just might defect.
  2. #2  
    It looks like the real deal to me. But I'll bet Palm prices it at $499. If they do, then they can shove it! I'm more interesting in seeing the Palm III successor, the M300. If the color M305 (or whatever) goes for $329, I may go for it. But I'm not paying $500 for a Palm M505 no matter how sexy it is. Why pay that much money for an organizer?
  3. #3  
    The thing I noticed about that picture that makes me think it's legit is the CARD INFO app. Looks like this palm model is going to accept their version of the expansion card.
  4. #4  
    Anyone who actually has a Prism, could you tell me if the clock actually looks like that in launcher, or if that part seems confined to the Palm505?
    Tim
    <A HREF="http://vbq1.tripod.com/"></A>
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by thatch
    Anyone who actually has a Prism, could you tell me if the clock actually looks like that in launcher, or if that part seems confined to the Palm505?
    I have a Prism. There is no clock app. The colck app that's in the new Palm pic must be something new they're adding.

  6. #6  
    The clock app is from the Palm M100.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by foo fighter
    It looks like the real deal to me. But I'll bet Palm prices it at $499. If they do, then they can shove it! I'm more interesting in seeing the Palm III successor, the M300. If the color M305 (or whatever) goes for $329, I may go for it. But I'm not paying $500 for a Palm M505 no matter how sexy it is.
    That's exactly what I said when the original Palm V was released. It had the same feature set as the Palm III, but was $499. I expected it to sell like ice cubes in the Arctic. It turned out to be their best selling model. It's the size, more than the looks, that make it so attractive. It feels way more comfortable to carry around.

    As I've said before, my main reason for getting a Visor was to be able to have a variety of wireless solutions to choose from. It took a year for any of them to materialize. And the ones that do exist have issues with size, price, and coverage that make me ambivalent about ever finding a viable option.

    If I had known that last October, I would've gotten a Palm Vx. Right now, I've been holding out on getting the Prism because my preferred wireless solution, the VisorPhone, is GSM, and the CDMA version is still a few months away. That interim just might be enough for a competing product like the Palm Vc (or whatever it's called) to make me leave Handspring behind.

    Why pay that much money for an organizer?
    This, coming from someone who in the last year has gone from a Visor to a Jornada to an iPaq to a Clié? Evidently there's at least someone out there that can afford to.
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    As I've said before, my main reason for getting a Visor was to be able to have a variety of wireless solutions to choose from. It took a year for any of them to materialize. And the ones that do exist have issues with size, price, and coverage that make me ambivalent about ever finding a viable option.

    If I had known that last October, I would've gotten a Palm Vx. Right now, I've been holding out on getting the Prism because my preferred wireless solution, the VisorPhone, is GSM, and the CDMA version is still a few months away. That interim just might be enough for a competing product like the Palm Vc (or whatever it's called) to make me leave Handspring behind.
    [/B]
    Keep in mind that with the SD slot on the back, the existing Palm V wireless solutions may not work with the new model.

  9. #9  
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    This, coming from someone who in the last year has gone from a Visor to a Jornada to an iPaq to a Clié? Evidently there's at least someone out there that can afford to.
    Ouch, that hurt!

    Oh yah, I've been there...done that. And if truth be told, the M505 is looking more and more tempting. I have the picture on my desktop, and the more I stare at it, the more I want it. If Palm markets this device at $450 I may end up buying one. But $500 is a little too excessive. I'm still waiting for details and pics to be leaked on the Palm M305.

    As for the Clie, well I didn't pay $400 for it. I got it online for $356.
  10. #10  
    What is this postage stamp size card slot that palm will have in their new devices? Is it a slot in the back, side top or what. Any ideas? Will this be palms answer to the springboard.
  11. #11  
    It is a slot that will be on the Left Backside and, I think is Palms attempt to get some of the market back. I've talked to A lot of people who say they would buy a Visor over the Palms because of the springboard slot.
  12. #12  
    neat picture...i agree with Gameboy, this might win me over. The fact that the profile is thinner and it has a METAL case has always attracted me to the V models. I bought the Visor last year with the thought that i'd be able to afford alot of the modules. Now that i've had it for over a year, and realizing that I don't use the slot very much (or at all!) i am 'kinda' looking for a replacement that has a metal body, thinner profile, and colour screen. That SD slot is just a bonus for additional memory. I remember reading somewhere that the SD slot would not affect 'sleds' designed for the V models in the past. I hope this holds true!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
  13. #13  
    hmm, it actually looks fake to me, for some reason, the screen just doesn't look real. and, the name is m something... i don't know
    all around good guy

    brandon
    drop me a line
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by pcgamingnet.com
    hmm, it actually looks fake to me, for some reason, the screen just doesn't look real. and, the name is m something... i don't know
    It probably is doctored, but that's even true of photos of PDAs that are already out on the market, like the Prism or the iPaq. It's really hard to take a picture of an LCD screen that accurately represents what the image quality looks like without resorting to simulation.
  15.    #15  
    My favorite part of the ZDNet article on the so-called M505: "Delivering on the company's promises of a slimmer color PDA, the 16-bit version will be only 1mm thicker than the Palm Vx."

    And now for the uncool part: "Sources said Palm is working on two new systems: a black-and-white model priced at about $495 in France, and a 16-bit-color configuration to cost roughly $635." Merde! I hope that translates favorably (under $500 for the color model) in US prices.
  16. #16  
    WAY to pricey! I would so go for an IPAQ over that! I do believe that it is real. This has been talked about for a long time, and I love that battery! (It's a flexible polymer!) I just wish, that if Palm can make a color modle that thin, why does the Prism have to be so thick!? the m505 is cool, but I'd rather stick with my platinum.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  17. #17  
    Ooooh, I'm so mad! God f*cking damn it to hell!!!!!!!!!!

    If Palm prices this thing at $599 (or $635 according to ZDNET), then they are out of their f*cking minds! It's times like this that I really believe Palm is a doomed company. What the hell is Yankowski smoking.
  18. #18  
    SIX HUNDREAD DOLLARS!!!! I cant belive this. Whatever palm wants to do with this, they must be fu@#ing insane. I don't think that I"m EVER going to pay 600 for something that small (oh wait... my phone is valued at that much, but still.. that's different) and easy to break. Palm must not understand that if any corperstion wants to buy these things in bulk, the lowest they can go is 500, which is going to pile up the cost WAY too fast for any corperstion. At that price they mind as well go bottoms up right now.

    BEN
  19. #19  
    foo, ben, relax.

    remember when we were all posting about the Clie costing some HUGE amount and in the long run it's running somewhere in the mid $300 range. The prices mentioned are also for France(?) I don't see why there's such an uproar over a photo ?

    Let's all take a deep breath, drink some warm milk (so we can sleep ) and just wait until something is announced. Then, when we have concrete (or pixel) proof, we can either run out a buy one, or stamp our feet.

    no point getting our knickers in a bunch over a photo (and a ZDnet article...which are historically off the mark) now is there?
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
  20. #20  
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA
    ...remember when we were all posting about the Clie costing some HUGE amount and in the long run it's running somewhere in the mid $300 range.
    Actually, it ended up costing $400, which is grossly over-priced. Needless to say the Clie was a total flop. And I suspect that if Palm does indeed price this device in the $599 and above category, it will drop like a lead anchor on Yankowski's foot! There is no way in hell consumers will ever pay $600 for a Palm...with or without color.

    But what really bothers me is that several posters at PDABuzz have indicated that Palm intends to replace the Palm III series with the M100/M105 line. If they do that...they are finished!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions