1.    #1  
    An italian very good new site (mobileblog) states that a new Haier device is ready and running ALP.

Read more here (in italian). Nothing special for what the hw specs is concerned, but this could be a very very good news for all Palm OS lovers!!!

What do you think??
    Last edited by vittogn; 04/15/2006 at 07:15 AM.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    so they released ALP on a phone before ACCESS/PalmSource even released ALP publicly. Wow. I am impressed.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Nothing in the article says it was "released" - it is simply an announcement that when released, it will run ALP.
    The Haier N60 is a Linux based smartphone, but the ones with ALP on them were just development units. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $Haier$ $has$ $not$ $licensed$ $ALP$ $yet$, $in$ $fact$ $no$ $one$ $has$, $as$ $its$ $not$ $finished$ $yet$.

Surur
    Does Haier make quality products? I think I had a Haier water cooler @ work that crapped out in a month.