Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Hi All - Not a very frequent posted - but I read TC several times a day. This place is a great resource.

I just "jumped ship" and got the 8125 - this is a fantastic device; the "perceived" speed over the 6700 is night and day (not internet, but just using and switching between apps); plus the battery performance on the 6700 was very poor.

What is the latest Rom/Firmware for this device? I always like to check this stuff, because the folks at the store are pretty clueless!

Thanks all,

Robe
    Latest ROM is 2.17. Check in the Wizard Upgrading forum at forum.xda-developers.com for details.
    What is the new ROM supposed to include?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jip88
    Latest ROM is 2.17. Check in the Wizard Upgrading forum at forum.xda-developers.com for details.
    I went to the HTC site and it said the latest ROM was 1.8.11 - Is the one you listed posted somewhere else?

http://www.htcamerica.net/support/so...loads_8125.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    What is the new ROM supposed to include?
    Mostly performance-related. Faster booting, snappier general performance better sound quality on phone, people have reported improved battery life. But also includes AKU2 for push e-mail, CommMgr is different, although I haven't figured out what all of the new icons do. There's a whole list of technical changes, but I think those are the highlights.

The 2.17 ROM I am using was put together specifically with T-Mo customizations, but there are other versions that people are using for the Cingular 8125. I don't know how what's posted at forum.xda-developers.com compares to what's on the HTC site, but the Wizard upgrading forum there has lot's more information and lot's of posters who are better informed.
    I have a Friend who just bought the 8125.
    Does it only take the mini-Sd?
    And if so, what Card would you recommend?
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I have a Friend who just bought the 8125.
    Does it only take the mini-Sd?
    And if so, what Card would you recommend?
    Thanks

Yes, only takes miniSD. I bought a Veritech 2 GB miniSD card w/miniSD->SD adapter for $99 @ buygpsnow.com. I have never heard of Veritech but the card has been working fine (been using it since mid-Feb). Run music, videos, and programs off it - no speed problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobeJazz
    I went to the HTC site and it said the latest ROM was 1.8.11 - Is the one you listed posted somewhere else?

http://www.htcamerica.net/support/so...loads_8125.htm

The one on HTC site is the latest "Official" ROM. The ones posted at xda forums are ROMs from similar devices customized for the 8125. They're use at your own risk. While you will most likely be O.K., if something does go wrong, you can really screw some things up. I would love to have the push functionality, but I don't have the time to fix things if something messes up. I'm just going to wait for the next official release. If there is a stable A2DP custom ROM, I may be willing to try it - I really want A2DP functionality!
    There have been reports that A2DP has a not-insignificant memory requirement increase. The Treo 700w folks who are early adopters of A2DP have been having significant problems. (Mostly because of the already low memory on the 700w to start with.)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)