Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I guess you could say I wrote it in a more consumer like way, I see all your points and will use them for future reviews. I enjoyed reading Is3mach's review, and how in depth it was. It was my first review, and first review of Windows Mobile. In the future I'll remember what you guys told me, thanks for the tips.
    I would say you wrote it in a more blogger like way. Sort of "Yay, I just got a cool new phone!!"

A little more detail would have been nice. But big deal, it's not like you're c|net or pcmag.com. You'll figure it out.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2.    #22  
    Thanks
    Jimmie Geddes
    insertion, when you getting yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    insertion, when you getting yours?
    I'll be upgradable in about a month, maybe less. Probably make my move then, unless I can find one cheap on eBay.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    If I can maintain my self control (or unless my current phone breaks in half), I am holding out for the PPC-6800.....

I won't even sell my 6600....I am going to mount it in my car for a dedicated gps system.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    If I can maintain my self control (or unless my current phone breaks in half), I am holding out for the PPC-6800.....

I won't even sell my 6600....I am going to mount it in my car for a dedicated gps system.
    I thought I read somewhere that you were ready to pull the trigger?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Is3Mach,

While I didn't particularly like Jimmie's review, I also did not feel it was worth my time to criticize his efforts. There are tons of hobbyists that do fairly amateurish reviews that are at this level and sometimes I get a nugget or two of value out of them, and sometimes I don't.

But I do have to say, as somebody that takes pride in using good grammar and spelling, that your spelling and grammatical criticisms would have been much more effective if you had run them through a spell checker first:

indepth - not a word
    aswell - not a word
    atleast - not a word
    Nevermind - not a word
    didnt - comma's are your friend
    dont - comma again
    proffesional - misspelled
    comparason - misspelled
    Legitemately - misspelled

Anyway, I know your responses here are not intended to be professional in any way, but I thought your review towards Jimmie was a bit harsh, and while reading it I couldn't help seeing the irony of it all in your fairly poor writing skills on display.

-bostonGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonguy
    didnt - comma's are your friend
    So are apostrophe's

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ahhh...busted!

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    So are apostrophe's

Damn it insertion, you beat me to it.

Indepth
    Aswell, oops missed a space. Should have been as well.
    Atleast same thing.
    Nevermind same thing.

Other 3 words, absolutely misspelled. The main difference I see is that he was writing this review for a company. I personally would want, for my company, a review that had been edited a little more thoroughly than his. The point I was making really wasn't about his use of the English language, it was about the review not particularly reviewing the product. Note I didn't point out any of the poor spelling and the like. Once again, I was not criticizing Jimmie's writing skills, I just expected more substance to the review. Had he not have had two threads about one review he was writing, I most likely would have never said anything about the lack of content.

Lonzo
    But Jim had pictures...

vote to Jim /s

Is3mach... Give it a rest...
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theog
    But Jim had pictures...

vote to Jim /s

Is3mach... Give it a rest...

Thanks Mr. Moderator. Gee, had you not come along to tell me that, I would probably never figured that out.

Jimmie, did you buy one or not? If you did, I recommend getting smartskey and setting the right soft key to "close" all apps. Then you dont need magic button or vBar. Update to the new Sprint rom if you need PUSH. If you dont need PUSH, I can't really recommend the upgrade. I have noticably lower headset volume afterwards. I didn't notice a speed increase either, although the orientation switch seems snaippier.
  13.    #33  
    I didn't end up keeping the 6700, I couldn't afford to have 2 phones. I appreciate Sprint allowing me to review it. I know someone at Sprint, so that's how I was able to score a reveiw device. I understand what you guys all meant about my review, and I will keep that in mind in the future, thanks for the constructive criticism. I definitely wrote it the way Insertion described. I was just thrilled to be liking/using Windows Mobile that I guess I could have done better, but live and learn.

If I could have kept the 6700 I would have, and I will recommend it to people. It does so much, and I loved it.

For me I just am so used to using Palm OS, and find it to get the jobs done I need it for faster, like texting, making phone calls. emailing, and one handed usage. Like all things there's a trade off, like lack of multitasking, multimedia, etc. that Windows Mobile trumps Palm OS on.

It was great to have my views completely changed by Windows Mobile with the 6700, especially all you guys at TC helped me immensely. Thank you for that.

I really wish I was able to keepo the 6700, it's an amazing device.
    Jimmie Geddes
    is there a new ppc coming out soon
    HTC Hermes and HTC Startrek should hit American shores in a few months. In addition the HP hw6915 is a WM5 update to the the HP 6715, with WIFI and GPS built in. the HP hw6800 is HP's copy of the O2 Atom, coming soon.

In Europe the FSC Loox T810 will be out in June.

Actually the list is quite long. I got tired listing them. Theres many more still. If you have any specific requirements I could narrow it down.

Surur
    I'll be buying the newer devices as well. I can't wait for them to come out! So long for now Palm! You blew it!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    HTC Hermes and HTC Startrek should hit American shores in a few months. In addition the HP hw6915 is a WM5 update to the the HP 6715, with WIFI and GPS built in. the HP hw6800 is HP's copy of the O2 Atom, coming soon.

In Europe the FSC Loox T810 will be out in June.

Actually the list is quite long. I got tired listing them. Theres many more still. If you have any specific requirements I could narrow it down.

Surur
    what is down the pike for sprint?
    That is what I have been asking...and Sprint is VERY tighted lipped about it. Even my contact, that is very high up in the Sprint Corp food chain, has been uncharactistically unrevieling in what is coming this year. Which leads to me to believe it is very disapointing or very exciting. Once rumors start to hit, I am going to see what I can find out. So, if you have any rumors about Sprint WM releases this year, let me know.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I am betting i730 running WM5 and maybe the Motorola Q after Verizon's eclusive is over. I also here there is an updated phone similar to the "Blade" I cant remember if it was Sanyo or Samsung though. I want an HTC Hermes so badly. Voice and data, sim cards, faster proccessor, no antenea. That thing makes me :drool:

EDIT

Apparently there are a couple variants to the Hermes. I want the T-mobile one. I believe called the MDA Vario III. This one has soft keys and ok/start.

EDIT

I dont think it is called that, Surur posted the only pic I have seen of it. Hopefully he can chime in here for me.
    Last edited by ls3mach; 04/17/2006 at 12:27 AM.
    Yes, the latest Hermes has extra OK and Start hard keys. It seems they are paying attention to the feedback they are getting from users re one handed navigation.

http://www.newmobile.nl/eur/en/phone...one_id=18fc907

Of note is that the 2 negapixel cameras in the new HTC phones are really starting to take worthwhile pictures. Take a look at these drool-worthy sample shots from the HTC Prophet (Dopod 818 Pro).

Many more here:
    http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showtopic=67710&st=0

Surur
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast