Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't think I personally all the excited about this one, but thought I would pass it along incase it is something you might interesting....

NOKIA E61 Hands on at CTIA 2006
    I am not sure about you , but i am very excited about this phone.
    1st of all nokia phones have the best voice reception/quality, amongst others ,specially with Tmobile.
    Supports all the emails formats .
    Nice keyboard.
    I will compromise a bit on my hands, to give my eyes some rest with a nice and wide screen .Much easy to read and write emails . Way better for browsing internet as well.
    Nokia phones never reset , when they feel like, unlike Treo's.
    There quality control is way much better than palm.
    Unfortunately, the phone is delayed for a few months . I am eagerly awaiting for this one ,to breakfree from the Treo's.
    A nice bluetooth headset will be handy for phone calls.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    I love all the features and the Nokia reputation for quality. I was originally gonna stay away from it because I thought it might be too wide, but after seeing the video it actually seems alright (plus I have big hands anyway).

Now I guess the only thing that would hold me back is the fact that I probably won't be able to afford it.
    That phone does look sweet. I'm not sure about not having a touch screen though. I feel like I would miss that. I like not having to pull the stylus out on my 8125, but when I do take the stylus out, it's much quicker to get around on the phone. I'm also not familiar with Symbian. Looks like only compatible with europe's WCDMA though.
    That is indeed true (and sad) about the US not using the same band as Europe for WCDMA. So I looked up the status of the upcoming spectrum auction, in which T-Mobile will take part, and found out that the 2100 band (used in Europe for WCDMA downlink) will be part of the auction here in the U.S.:

T-Mobile USA Eyes June Spectrum Auction
    http://www.wirelessweek.com/article/CA6321115.html
    When the FCC auctions off spectrum this summer, one of the companies standing in line to write a check will be T-Mobile USA, which sees the spectrum as its key to the future.

The FCC auction involves spectrum in the 1710-1755 MHz bands, paired with 2110-2155 MHz. Analysts estimate the auction will generate between $10 billion and $15 billion.
    In the article, T-Mobile sounds pretty serious about catching up on 3G, so as a current customer I really hope this works out.

Happy bidding, T-Mo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Looks good, looks like they took time to address the features currectly, i.e. slot of the memory card insures it does not pop out, connectivity are all over. Wow!
    I have eliminated SE 990 , dualcor, Treo 700 P .
    Eagerly awaiting, for this bad boy to comeout.
    I can live without a camera in phone.
    I am patiently waiting for this to come out. I am very familar with symbian and I think Series 60 would be excellent with a qwerty keyboard. That was my only issue with Series 60. Now my phone has arrived, well sort of, I just have to wait for the release and then I will be happy as a clam.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
  11.    #11  
    I have never had a Symbian device, so I may have misconceptions out of ignorance....but the OS is my main concern in the aspect of 3rd party application availability. I use so many 3rd party apps all the time on my phone, like GPS, office software, etc... Any Symbian experts out there that maybe correct or confirm?
    There are plenty of applications for the symbian series 60 OS. Lots of them are free to. I was at Frys electronics last night and I saw the nokia GPS receiver that should work with this phone no problem. Symbian is I would say the easiest 3rd party OS to understand and pick up in the phone industry. The Nokia 3650 was the first smart phone that I ever used. I loved it but it needs a qwerty keyboard. Also the newest version is much faster than the previous versions.

@ HobbesIsReal, If you plan on buying this device, You will need to switch from Sprint to either Cingular or T-mobile to be able to use this phone since it is a GSM phone.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Here is the E61 thread about availability .
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...51#post7031651
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno
    @ HobbesIsReal, If you plan on buying this device, You will need to switch from Sprint to either Cingular or T-mobile to be able to use this phone since it is a GSM phone.
    That would certainly kill the deal for me even if this was the best handheld phone without question.

With all my traveling, roaming, data usage, Sprint is still the cheapest option for me.
    Should be available for purchase in 1-2 weeks per howard forums .
    No 700P for me, unless this phone turns out to be a problem.
    For third party software, you will have to wait for the re-compiled version to come out. Series 60 9.x version does not run previous programs. Neverthless, I don't think it will take long before the new programs get released.

http://my-symbian.com is a good source of the third party softwares.
    Quote Originally Posted by yatbond
    For third party software, you will have to wait for the re-compiled version to come out. Series 60 9.x version does not run previous programs. Neverthless, I don't think it will take long before the new programs get released.

http://my-symbian.com is a good source of the third party softwares.
    Screen sizzzzzzzzzzzze is a big plus.
    Voice Quality......another one.
    I need basic calendar , contacts ,email & phone functions. I know this phone can deliver all that without a 3rd party app.
    For, ebooks, movies &music i use a different device.
    I am excited about the switch.
    Nokia E61 available in a week.
    http://www.i4u.com/article5568.html
    I don't know - I have real trouble with a device that takes two hands just to hold it, and looks like a ping pong paddle next to your head.

I think I'd wait for the Sammy i320 which even makes the Moto Q look like a brick.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I don't know - I have real trouble with a device that takes two hands just to hold it, and looks like a ping pong paddle next to your head.

I think I'd wait for the Sammy i320 which even makes the Moto Q look like a brick.
    Remember that N-Gage they tried to shovel out a few years back? A ping pong paddle looks better than holding a taco to your ear.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast