1.    #1  
    For all you guys with the 8125, Did you have problems installing the Active Sync 4.1 on your computer? I cannot get mine to sync up with my computer thus I am not able to add any apps or hacks to it.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    i have xp home, not a single problem with activesync
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    No problems here, but I downloaded and installed the latest version from the M$oft website, rather than using the install disk (running WinXPPro SP2).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno
    For all you guys with the 8125, Did you have problems installing the Active Sync 4.1 on your computer? I cannot get mine to sync up with my computer thus I am not able to add any apps or hacks to it.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    I have a T-Mo MDA, not an 8125, but had some initial problems with AS 4.1. Worked perfectly right out of the box for the first few days. However, after loading about 10-12 different apps, hacks, etc., I hit the wall. AS would always connect, but hang on "Looking for changes". I tried multiple re-installs of AS, deletions and reconfigurations of the mobile, device, uninstalls of specific apps from the phone, but nothing helped. It was getting REALLY frustrating.

Finally, I bit the bullet and did a hard reset. Since then, no more problems, even after reloading essentially all the software I previously had on the phone. I still don't know which particular application or configuration change caused the problem, but it has not recurred over more than a month now.

If a hard reset doesn't help, you should check out http://forum.xda-developers.com/, where there are lots of helpful people with great expertise.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Make sure your firewall is not blocking the connection. AS 4 creates a new network connection when your phone connects. It is possible your FW is blocking communication between the 2.