Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    [quote=dstrauss]3. Keyboard - far better than the 650, other than not being able to extend the backlighting timer.[/qoute]

HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\QKeyLedtimeout
    I use 60 and this work great for me. Not sure why Microsoft didn't allow up to 1 minute to begin with.

Edge vs. EVDO is a non-existant comparison. I tether my 6700 to my laptop via USB and occasionally bluetooth. When I tether using USB it is FAST. I can download from a news server at 100+KBps constantly. It will peak at up to 125KBps. I dont have numbers for bluetooth tethering as I only use it when I dont have my USB cable with me. Bluetooth is much slower than USB as I believe BT1.2 bandwidth is limited to 721kbps. I have BT2.0 EDR (Enhanced data rate) on my laptop, but the phone does not. The bluetooth connection is more akin to 1xRTT which is relatively the same speed as EDGE.

I cant wait for 3G to come to a GSM carrier in my area. I will be on the HTC Hermes if that happens, but until then I think the 6700 will be what I keep. Unless a EVDO Rev A device comes out similar to the Hermes, but even then I want a damn sim card.
    i really miss the treo keyboard for a few reasons:

1. the 6700 does not slide far enough up, using the top row keys is harder with bigger fingers.
    2. no visual indication that you are in extended or extended lock mode, a real pain when typing passwords
    3. all of the numbers are in the top row, i like the way the treo has then in a phone pad layout using extended keys.

with a little renfinement the 6700 KB could be as good as the treo, but it is not there yet. that being said, i still am lovin the 6700.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    ...2. no visual indication that you are in extended or extended lock mode, a real pain when typing passwords
    with a little renfinement the 6700 KB could be as good as the treo, but it is not there yet. that being said, i still am lovin the 6700.
    I don't know for sure if this registry hack works with the 6700, but works good with the Wizard line (8125, MDA) to add a cap/shift lock indicator on screen:

Using your favorite Registry Editor for Windows Mobile, go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd
    - Create a DWORD called EnableIndicator with value of "1" (without the quotation marks)
    - Save changes and exit the registry editor
    - Power off your device (do not soft-reset it at this point--unwritten changes are still cached in RAM and powering off will flush them to ROM)
    - Soft-reset your device (by inserting the stylus into the reset button hole)

Might want to Google first before trying.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I don't know for sure if this registry hack works with the 6700, but works good with the Wizard line (8125, MDA) to add a cap/shift lock indicator on screen:

Using your favorite Registry Editor for Windows Mobile, go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd
    - Create a DWORD called EnableIndicator with value of "1" (without the quotation marks)
    - Power off your device (do not soft-reset it at this point--unwritten changes are still cached in RAM and powering off will flush them to ROM)

found some sites saying this does not work, but i will look into it, thanks.

off to the great state of texas for a week...
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    The keyboard ease of use has a lot to do with each individual's hands. While it's true that the Treo's kb has a better backlight, it is just too small for many of us. Ease of use of kb goes to the 8125 hands down in my book.

BTW, I whip out my 8125 to check my PUSHED E-mail (without paying $ for a 3rd party program) and to surf the net (with the built-in browser) many, many times a day, and I don't use the stylus or touch the screen. All one-handed use baby!
    jlczl - what are you using for your push email? It gets a bit annoying after a while to be using IMAP w/ Pocket Outlook and not having the push functionality. I looked into that Emoze program, but I use Outlook 2000 and it says it doesn't support it. I suppose I could always just try to see if it works.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I updated to the latest rom on www.xda-developers.com which includes push. I then signed up for a free exchange account at www.mail2web.com. I also forwarded my other e-mail accounts to my new mail2web account.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

Doesn't work.
    [QUOTE=ls3mach]
    3. Keyboard - far better than the 650, other than not being able to extend the backlighting timer.[/qoute]

HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\QKeyLedtimeout
    I use 60 and this work great for me. Not sure why Microsoft didn't allow up to 1 minute to begin with.
    Did you actually get this to work on the 8125? I can't even get it to accept the entry in the registry when I create the QKeyLedtimeout entry.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Did you actually get this to work on the 8125? I can't even get it to accept the entry in the registry when I create the QKeyLedtimeout entry.
    I dont have an 8125 I have a 6700. It works great. What are you using to edit your registry? If you are trying to use total commander that is probably the problem. I use PHM Regedit.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Actually that regedit does not work on the Wizard series, only the Apache (6700). The ledtimeout has not been able to be hacked for the 8125, K-Jam, QTek 9100, etc.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12