1.    #1  
    Any advise on which one would be better for wireless emails and email access -- Blackberry or Palm VII
  2. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    I'd say that the Blackberry is better for pure e-mail, because of it's 'always on' feature, it works like a pager to alert you to incoming messages. With the PalmVII, you have to check periodically to see if you have mail. For most everything else, though, the palm is probably better -- larger screen for web browsing, PQAs, thousands of PalmOS apps, etc. Also, it depends on whether you like thumb-typing on the blackberry keyboard or writing grafitti with a stylus on the Palm.
    Originally posted by Rob
    Also, it depends on whether you like thumb-typing on the blackberry keyboard or writing grafitti with a stylus on the Palm.
    Also remember that, on PalmOS device, you have a number of text entry options, not just Graffiti. There are portable keyboards like GoType and the Stowaway; and overlays like ThumbType, Silkyboard and FitalyStamp.
    I think that if I was going to do a small amount of Emailing, then I would get one of the motorola two-way pagers which work great for email. If I wanted to do alot more than email, or if I were a heavy email usuer, I would get a Palm\Wireless modem, or a Palm VIIx (I reccomend the first). THe palm has so much more going for it than a little email device, and the serice is comparable to blackberries I think.

BEN