Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Was he your childhood bully or something? What does he need to do to get a break from you?
    Be honorable in his intent. That's all I ask of anyone. Sorry that is a hard concept for you to grasp.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    the indicator does not have a number, but when you click it it says "you have 1 new voice message". of course i had 3, so i am not sure if or how that is supposed to work.
    Uggghhh...that's annoying. I had recieved a call from someone I didn't care to talk to, and my voice mail indicator flashed on immediately afterwards. I went a few days before I even bothered to check it, only to find I had two other messages since! (probably a result of Chatter pulling mail, or being online at the time a call came through.)

Although, with EVDO, I should at least get an alert when a call comes through if I'm running PIE.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Uggghhh...that's annoying. I had recieved a call from someone I didn't care to talk to, and my voice mail indicator flashed on immediately afterwards. I went a few days before I even bothered to check it, only to find I had two other messages since! (probably a result of Chatter pulling mail, or being online at the time a call came through.)

Although, with EVDO, I should at least get an alert when a call comes through if I'm running PIE.
    that does work, i started downloading a file, called my phone, and it did pause the data transfer. the data transfer resumed with the call was done, but i do not know if there is a timeout if the call lasts too long (i would assume on the server end there would be anyway).
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    which do you prefer?
    I prefer magic button. vBar is crappy and slow I thought. I also like how magic bar shows you clickable icons on the toolbar. Having said that, I now use neither. I mapped smartskey to close all apps when you hold down th right soft key. Works great for me and has no noticable resource drain.

With the ROM update for ppc 6700 you can clear voice mail icon, just like Nokia phones.
    Kudos to Jimmie for an honest and fair review. When he first announced he was getting a 6700, I did not expect to hear anything good about WM from him.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  7.    #167  
    Thanks Skyfny, to be honest I didn't expect to write anything good about WM being the Palm OS fan that I am This device has changed my view on WM, I think WM5 has really come far. Sure there are things I wish it could do better, like one handed navigation like my Treo, but there's a ton of stuff it does that my Treo can't, so I am very pleased with the 6700. I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me on TC.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Jimmie:

I apologize for not following every entry in this thread, but have you tried Smartskey over on the xda-developers site? It makes the WM5 pocket pc phones a nearly one-handed device, by adding functions to the softkeys, Dpad and volume slider? In particular, softkeys "click-and-hold" to bring up start menu and really close, not just hide, programs; the d-pad quickly brings up the call history, speed dialer, etc. in phone dial pad; and volume slider smooth scrolls in IE so the Dpad can be used to jump from link to link.

This is just the most ESSENTIAL utility I've ever seen for a handheld, going back to my ten year old Pilot 5000.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  9.    #169  
    I'm going to install it today, is it pretty straight forward the setup? I'll check out your thread to see what I have to do. Thanks.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I'm going to install it today, is it pretty straight forward the setup? I'll check out your thread to see what I have to do. Thanks.
    Yes, there's an install explanation file in the zip archive. It's more like installing a cab file directly to the device than running an executable on your desktop.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Yes, there's an install explanation file in the zip archive. It's more like installing a cab file directly to the device than running an executable on your desktop.
    which is another good thing about WM5, you can installs directly on the 6700 by launching them on the device, no need for a 3rd party installer.
    i also see that seido has a 2400mA extended battery. the biggest downfall, increases thickness by 5/16"

hopefully they will have better standard battery soon (i think the biggest standard is 1500mA right now).
  13.    #173  
    Yea a bigger battery is needed. After I did the ROM update yesterday, and set up my mail like chatter is set on my treo to check every minute. I turned on my 6700 and the battery was down to 30% this morning and my charger is home. The good thing is persistent storage. I remember when this happened to my ipaq I lost all my info. Needless to say, I am changing my send/receive settings,lol. My own error. I would definitely go with a bigger battery. I bought the seidio 2400 for my treo, and it's awesome.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by sj2004
    With the ROM update for ppc 6700 you can clear voice mail icon, just like Nokia phones.
    You could do it before the ROM udate they just hide it in the notifcations area in settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Yea a bigger battery is needed. After I did the ROM update yesterday, and set up my mail like chatter is set on my treo to check every minute. I turned on my 6700 and the battery was down to 30% this morning and my charger is home. The good thing is persistent storage. I remember when this happened to my ipaq I lost all my info. Needless to say, I am changing my send/receive settings,lol. My own error. I would definitely go with a bigger battery. I bought the seidio 2400 for my treo, and it's awesome.
    i made the same mistake. battery life in general is my biggest gripe about the 6700. but with the smaller battery, faster cpu, and having evdo on all the time, i understand why.

how bad is the addtional thickness with the 2400 battery?

i emailed sedio about a standard battery, they said one was in the works, i guess we will see...
    Quote Originally Posted by sj2004
    Either you're misunderstanding me, or vice versa. I'm sure you can clear the VM icon.

I want to know if it gives you the VM count as well as an icon. For instance, I have 3 VM's in my box, it shows "3" somewhere on the 6700 screen, rather than just a generic icon like the 650.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Either you're misunderstanding me, or vice versa. I'm sure you can clear the VM icon.

I want to know if it gives you the VM count as well as an icon. For instance, I have 3 VM's in my box, it shows "3" somewhere on the 6700 screen, rather than just a generic icon like the 650.
    when you click the notification icon, a balloon opens and gives the message "you have 1 new voice message(s)."

so far i have only gotten this message, even when there are more than 1.
    insertion...I use a sprint 6700. no voicemail count.

before the recent 6700 ro update there was no way to set the VM icom. now with the update there is.

I love the update. bt voicedial from headset is in the rom. works great now.
    Thanx Kenny and DT.

If you read the manual the ability to clear the voice mail icon was always there but the ROM update made it easier to get to. It only needed to be performed a couple of times in the 7 months I have had the 6700. I consider it to be a Sprint network issue.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast