Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Insertion I completely agree with you. The Treo 650 in my opinion is the best pda/phone device, especially due to one handed navigation. The 6700 is a powerhouse that just does so much more than the 650. I wish I could just buy the 6700 and not use it as a phone because I can't afford to have 2 phones. I would use it as my laptop replacement/pda on steroids. I wish you could get this device without having to sign up for a contract. This device is AMAZING.

I just downloaded the rom update to get push email, and have it set to check every minute like chatter does on my Treo 650. It kind of works like chatter, but me Treo has been getting my emails faster, like the 6700 will popup with a new message like 5 minutes after my Treo has already gotten it, even though I have the 6700 set to check every one minute.

Uggghhh, I wish Sprint would let me keep this device, lol, like I said it's amazing You can do so much with it. I just feel that my treo is a better phone in terms of usability. The 6700 is a better device in almost every other way.
    Jimmie Geddes
  2.    #142  
    I just spoke to my contact at Sprint, and told them how much I am liking this device, and asked what I'd need to do if I wanted to keep it. They told me I can add this phone to my plan along with my treo 650 amd that the 2 phones would share minutes, unlimited texting, but each has it's own number. It would cost me $99.00 a month to have both phones. So maybe I don't have to give up this great device It is still kind of expensive, and not sure if I am thinking straight about this,lol. The contact I know said he could get the 6700 for close to nothing if I device that;s what I want to do.

What do you huys think? I really like this device, I still pefer my Treo 650 over it for usablitlity, but this device does so much that I really want it.

Give me some advice guys .Thanks in advance.
    Jimmie Geddes
    how many minutes for 99/month?
    I am on the $99 plan with Sprint with 3 phones 2,000 minutes, with 1,000 of those that can be used for roaming with $15 a month data plan. If someone offered me the 6700 for dirt cheap....there would have been no decision!

If you like it, can afford the plan, and they cut you unbelievable deal....I say take it!
  5.    #145  
    I think I just might Hobbes, wow 3 phones????? Which ones? I know I am going to want the 700p when it comes out. Maybe they'll hook me up again,lol.

Thanks again to all you guys who really helped me out, the people at treocentral are cool peeps.
    Jimmie Geddes
  6.    #146  
    I gotta figure out how to forward calls from the phones now. Hobbes how do you forward calls from your phones? I don't want to be carrying around 2 phones. Can I forward? Thanks.
    Jimmie Geddes
    i believe sprint charges for forwarded calls....
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Jimmie, if you were going to be fair in your review you would already know that upgrade was distributed a month ago. I can see this train wreck from a mile away. You are just out to show you are a POS fan and really have no intent on being objective.

How can you make yourself out to be a credible source of information if you can't do that little bit of rersearch yourself. I mean my god man search on it in TC and the other sources available and you will find thousands of references. This is worse then Silly Season, this is Rediculous Season.

Was he your childhood bully or something? What does he need to do to get a break from you?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I am on the $99 plan with Sprint with 3 phones 2,000 minutes, with 1,000 of those that can be used for roaming with $15 a month data plan. If someone offered me the 6700 for dirt cheap....there would have been no decision!

If you like it, can afford the plan, and they cut you unbelievable deal....I say take it!
    just wondering...i have 3 phones sharing 2000 mins/month for $100.

are there any free programs that will close an app when you hit the "X"?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    just wondering...i have 3 phones sharing 2000 mins/month for $100.

are there any free programs that will close an app when you hit the "X"?
    Magic Button, or Wisbar. Pocket Plus maybe as well, but I stopped using it long ago.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Magic Button and Vbar.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12.    #152  
    yea, they charge 20cents a forward I think.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    yea, they charge 20cents a forward I think.
    some people are surprised when they get thier bill if they didnt know...
    Just wondering Jimmie, do you get a voice mail count display, or just an indicator? The thing I hate about the 650 is it just has an indicator (the yellow envelope.) Doesn't say how many you have though.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Magic Button and Vbar.
    which do you prefer?
  16.    #156  
    LadyTreo thanks for your kind remarks
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    which do you prefer?
    I personally prefer Magic Button but you should try both for your own experience. Vbar seems to drain 1MB of RAM and doesn't always work unless you tap on it to start(even though I asked for it to start up automatically in the settings). Magic seemed a bit lighter, although on a 64MB device, that may not matter. But it also seemed to run automatically when you ask it to in the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Just wondering Jimmie, do you get a voice mail count display, or just an indicator? The thing I hate about the 650 is it just has an indicator (the yellow envelope.) Doesn't say how many you have though.
    the indicator does not have a number, but when you click it it says "you have 1 new voice message". of course i had 3, so i am not sure if or how that is supposed to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    LadyTreo thanks for your kind remarks
    You're welcome!

I must say you're very patient. I might not have been so nice.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 04/11/2006 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    After using the PPC-6700 Palm can DIAF. I will have a review of the extended use battery. I got it from Lion batteries. Not cheap but it is the highest capacity you can get in the standard size form factor. I will let you guys know what I think in my review later this week.

I really like this phone, I haven't been a palm user for 100+ years like everyone else, but I have had the last two Palm Treos and after using this, I know see what I was missing. Although I wish I was on GSM so I could use my Treo 650 somedays.
    let us know if this is any better. at only 150mA more, i wonder how noticable the difference will be over OEM?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast