Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Have any Mac users been successful at installing netfront. I used filejuicer to extract the cab but no good.

thanks
  2.    #122  
    I'll try it when I get home. I installed Windows XP on my iMac so I could sync, and install stuff to my 6700.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I tried netfront and did not care for it. Opera is terrible on the PPC. This is coming from someone who uses opera as their native browser on regular computers.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Have any Mac users been successful at installing netfront. I used filejuicer to extract the cab but no good.

thanks
    I'll e-mail you the cab for the Netfront 3.3 trial if you are interested.

Surur
    This might of interest to all you 6700 owners out there. It is a small program that helps makes the most common reg hacks for you with a clean interface:

http://www.trianglepowers.com/ppc6700/

Here is a discussion about it:

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=69006
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 04/10/2006 at 02:48 PM.
  6.    #126  
    Thanks Hobbes, all your suggestions have helped me. Surur I am going to take your advice and check out netfront 3.3

I also just posted some thoughts on my site about the 6700.

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2006/04/thoughts-on-6700.html

I really like the 6700, it's fun to be able to do so much more. Sprint is letting me review this device, and I can see why a bunch of you 650 owners jumped ship. This handheld is very tempting..
    Jimmie Geddes
    The 6700 is the first PPC phone that has an acceptable form factor IMO. Combine that with the improvements in WM5 (I can't believe what some of you WM users put up with in older versions) and I think the phone is ready to pick up momentum. The 6800 should have decreased thickness, and that would make it smaller than a 650/700.

The slide-out keyboard seems like a deterrent until you pick up the device and try it out.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    What 6800?

Surur
  9.    #129  
    Is there any updates I need to put on the 6700? Like the push email that Palm is going to update the 700w with?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Jimmie, if you were going to be fair in your review you would already know that upgrade was distributed a month ago. I can see this train wreck from a mile away. You are just out to show you are a POS fan and really have no intent on being objective.

How can you make yourself out to be a credible source of information if you can't do that little bit of rersearch yourself. I mean my god man search on it in TC and the other sources available and you will find thousands of references. This is worse then Silly Season, this is Rediculous Season.
  11.    #131  
    I asked on here because I've gotten a lot of help from the members of treocentral. I searched sprint for an update and didn't find one. I am enjoying the 6700, even though I am a Palm OS fan.
    Jimmie Geddes
  12.    #132  
    Thanks, I found it
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Thanks, I found it
    I am new to the 6700 as well - can you tell me where you found the updates?
    fyi, I have since returned to the origional firmware (1.03). I read the 2.06 firmware was pulled by Sprint (even though it's still on their server). I was never able to find it on their site (by navigation).

I found the 2.06 to cause rapid battery drain, very low earpiece volume, and it didn't reliably switch from wifi to 1x data.

Apparently Sprint has a revised firmware in the works. I'll wait on it since the listed annoyances were dealbreakers.
    The PPC6700 is a good device but :

1- there is no way to manage a 3 way call: noting buil it the software to manage 3 way call. No join, swap, hold and you dont see the 3rd caller on the screen.
    2- Wifi is good but the battery drain in 30 minutes
    3- the screen resolutions is not very good
    4- EVDO is only working downtown (full Speed)
    5- when you email somebody the CC: and BCC: are before the to: so you need to go up in the screen
    6- there is no hold button while you are in a call
    7- the device is sometime slow to react
    8- Wireless ActiveSync is ok but is still not as good as Blackberry BES
  16.    #137  
    Any other users having problems with the ROM upgrade?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Probably more than you wanted to know. This thread goes off topic a lot and you have to remember that these are the "geeks" owners of the 6700.....like all of us over here at TC!

Sprint PPC-6700 Rom Update Info

The latest PRL update is apparently 2020.
  18.    #139  
    Thanks Hobbes, I really appreicate all your help, and the rest of the experts over here at treocentral. I did the ROM update, and like having push email again. On my Treo 650 I am addicted to chatter, so it feels good to have it back.

I really, really like this 6700 I wish Sprint would let me keep it I don't want to give it back. I have it for another week, and Sprint said that they would give me a deal if I decide to keep it. I just can't have 2 phones, at least not yet financially,lol.

Maybe if I was making money from my site as others have said it would be easy to have 2 phones, but I'm not unfortunately,lol. Thats the thing I miss about cingular, being able to have more than one phone by swapping out sim cards.

I am glad that Sprint is allowing me to review it, and also has completely changed my view of Windows Mobile. Everyone knows I am a Palm OS fan, and for a while loathed Windows Mobile, I now see why it has surpassed Palm. It does more, and has gotten better, and not stayed stagnant like Palm OS has. It is a great OS, a little more complicated than Palm OS, but so much better than it was.

I'm glad I still have a few days to play with this ppc, and am glad my views have changed about Windows Mobile.

You guys have helped me tremedously and I will definitely mention how my buds from treocentral really helped me out, and even some of my nemesis (Surur,lol) have helped me with this device, and also changed my views on Windows Mobile. Thanks!!!!!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Thanks Hobbes, I really appreicate all your help, and the rest of the experts over here at treocentral. I did the ROM update, and like having push email again. On my Treo 650 I am addicted to chatter, so it feels good to have it back.

I really, really like this 6700 I wish Sprint would let me keep it I don't want to give it back. I have it for another week, and Sprint said that they would give me a deal if I decide to keep it. I just can't have 2 phones, at least not yet financially,lol.

Maybe if I was making money from my site as others have said it would be easy to have 2 phones, but I'm not unfortunately,lol. Thats the thing I miss about cingular, being able to have more than one phone by swapping out sim cards.

I am glad that Sprint is allowing me to review it, and also has completely changed my view of Windows Mobile. Everyone knows I am a Palm OS fan, and for a while loathed Windows Mobile, I now see why it has surpassed Palm. It does more, and has gotten better, and not stayed stagnant like Palm OS has. It is a great OS, a little more complicated than Palm OS, but so much better than it was.

I'm glad I still have a few days to play with this ppc, and am glad my views have changed about Windows Mobile.

You guys have helped me tremedously and I will definitely mention how my buds from treocentral really helped me out, and even some of my nemesis (Surur,lol) have helped me with this device, and also changed my views on Windows Mobile. Thanks!!!!!!!
    Personally, I think stricly on a PDA level, WM passed P/OS a long time ago. But to me the Treo 6xx's are the best PDA/Phone devices. But, it's looking more and more like I'll be getting the 6700 myself next month when my 18 mo. upgrade kicks in. I've already got plenty of software from years of PPC use, so that won't be an issue. The things I will miss are the one handed operation, and Chatter, although I hear push is now available. (Is this true push, or pseudo-SMS?)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast