Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BUY A HOUSE FROM MY WIFE
    SELLING YOUR HOME, LET HER LIST IT

LINK BELOW
    Last edited by Franko515; 04/10/2006 at 05:30 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I think there is a big difference between incidentally having a link in your sig, which is undestood to be an off-topic area with free text, and posting tantalizing tidbits in the main text area trying to entice people into going to your website.

Actually I admire Jimmie. From being a "associate writer" on a website with 30 associate writers and which is obsessed with cats, to building up a completely derivative blog to the degree that he is now getting free hardware, that takes real chutzpah. Our little Jimmie may have a bright future ahead of him, to the degree that he can give up his day job and earn his salary from his website. All he needs to do is spam some more websites and keep his traffic numbers up, and he can be the next Engadget.

More power to you Jimmie!!

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    BUY A HOUSE FROM MY WIFE
    SELLING YOUR HOME, LET HER LIST IT

LINK BELOW
    Nice promotional link BTW!!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Ty
    SERVICING THE ENTIRE CHICAGOLAND AREA AND SOON TO BE, INDIANA
    LINK BELOW
    Last edited by Franko515; 04/10/2006 at 05:44 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    In case people thought it was just on Treocentral, I present the Jimmie Geddes collection from Brighthand

jimmie geddes
    PDA Enthusiast

Use your Sprint Treo 650 BT DUN with your TX
    650-bt-dun-on.html" target="_blank">http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/1...bt-dun-on.html

I've gotten a few emails on how to do this. I figured I'd post some easy instructions.

http://forum.brighthand.com/showpost...82&postcount=1
    jimmie geddes
    PDA Enthusiast

Yes, I wrote this on my site last saturday.
    tx.html" target="_blank">http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/1...rks-on-tx.html

I am using graffiti 1 on my TX

jimmie geddes
    PDA Enthusiast

tx-one-helluva-handheld.html" target="_blank">http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/1...-handheld.html

http://forum.brighthand.com/showthre...t=93495&page=2

mmie geddes
    PDA Enthusiast

Using my Treo 650 as a remote control for Apple's new Front Row
    I came across a copy of Front Row, it's a media center that comes with the new iMac, and is working on other Macs. I was able to get it up and running on my pwoerbook. I tried sailing clicker to use as a remote, and it works.

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/...-powerbook.html
    http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php?t=94157

jimmie geddes
    PDA Enthusiast

Graffiti 1 works on the TX
    tx.html" target="_blank">http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/1...rks-on-tx.html
    Hopefully he will make a few dollars from this post too.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    Ty
    SERVICING THE ENTIRE CHICAGOLAND AREA AND SOON TO BE, INDIANA
    LINK BELOW

Indiana, huh? Good luck with the expansion!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    In case people thought it was just on Treocentral, I present the Jimmie Geddes collection from Brighthand

Hopefully he will make a few dollars from this post too.

Surur

Can someone please explain what he's selling? His site seems to be non-profit.

this is an open discussion forum. i have seen many threads started that have no point at all.

in this one, he says he is getting a unit to review and linked back to his site. if you notice, he links to treocentral from his site. his links are very verbose, there is no surprise when you click them. if they just said click here or something like that, it would be another issue.

i dont have a problem at all with someone who starts a discussion. if you think this should be merged, then every 700p thread should be as well.
    Last edited by BigKenny; 04/10/2006 at 07:09 AM.
  9.    #109  
    Thank you. I don't make $$ off of my site, I wish I did. I post at treocentral, brighthand, 1src, palminfocenter, mobileread, palmaddict because I enjoy mobile computing. I posted this here because I wanted to hear from other Treo users who may have switched to a ppc-6700, what's wrong with that? I'm not trying to drive you guys to my site. I was just sharing an experience, and was looking to hear what your experience was with the 6700.
    Jimmie Geddes
    So...ummmm...how's that 6700 treating you?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    So...ummmm...how's that 6700 treating you?
    You will have to go to his site to read about it! What do you expect? The content for free?

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 04/10/2006 at 08:04 AM.
  12.    #112  
    Lol, good one Surur
    No, I am liking the 6700, a lot actually. It's awesome for multimedia, web browsing, and multi-tasking. It's nice to be able to multi-task, something I now see Windows Mobile has over Palm OS. I think Windows Mobile 5 is such an improvement, I used ppc, ppc2000, ppc2002, ppc2003, and I felt they were always too slow. The 6700 is fast! The 6700 is a great handheld, I am really liking it (more than I thought). I am a Palm OS fan, and will admit it, but the 6700 is the first Windows Mobile device that I am enjoying. I also really love the keyboard on it. I am still getting used to Windows Mobile, this is the first device I can actually see people possible choosing over the 650.

EV-DO and WiFi are great to have as well.

What web browser are you guys liking the most? I downloaded Opera, and netfront. I still prefer pocket IE. Have any of you used Mini Mo?
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 04/10/2006 at 08:28 AM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    If you use netfront remember to change the font to tohoma, switch on cleartype and use proportional font ( I think under options-miscellaneous-advanced ).

Surur
  14.    #114  
    Thank you. Is netfront the best browser?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Its the best multi-tabbed browser. It has good reflowing and lay-out (maybe opera is better) but also has a lot more options which is why I like it e.g. you can set it not to open they on screen keyboard automatically, which can be an annoyance on IE. It allows you to do most of the actions you expect in a browser, e.g. copy URL's and text, which you can't do as easily on opera. You can use one of the settings pages to chose which software to associate with what extentions, thereby easily settings TCMP to open mp3's and Acrobat to open downloaded PDF's.

It also very good javascript support.

It has some disadvantages, such a sometimes slowing down your PDA tremendously, but one can usually kill it using a task manager without needing to reset. However for a more stable PDA IE is definitely better. It does not bite of more than it can chew, whereas Netfront would attempt even very long or complex web pages, which sometimes ends in lock-up.

Be sure to try Netfront 3.3 beta, which is a free download, for the best experience.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Looks like a lot of double standards concerning posting of links around here! A link in your sig is still promotion.
    I'm not complaining about links in sigs. I am complaining about threads started to promote another website. AND additionally they are often duplicate threads. I would have less of a complaint if Jimmie were to simply post his link within an exsting thread but he, in the rudest way, starts duplicate threads. Jimmies claim of making norevenue from his site is silly beyond silly. His links are to other commercial sites and it is full of them. They call these click-thru revenue. They are just litter in the forums is my only point. I realize I can not convince those who don't read my words completely to understand my cause and intent.
    who cares? if it's that big of an issue, have the thread closed and keep it moving. no hard in doing that. he post a link on his website that he's reviewing something. when it's done...one of y'all and take it and paste it in here. if you dont want him advertising, say it, then close the thread. how old are some of y'all...? making issues over the littlest things.
  18.    #118  
    Gharrod if you know something about me making money that I don't know please share,lol. I wish I was making money with my site, it's a hobby. I link to commercial sites because that's where a lot of the stories come from. I am not littering the forums, I was sharing an experience of reviewing a ppc-6700, and was asking the experts here what software, etc. they use. I appreciate all the help the experts here have given me with using the 6700.

Before you start taking shots at me, look at your own signature.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I can already tell you what Jimmie's review will say. It will be fluffy, it walk talk about the hardware in passing, compare it negatively to the Treo 650, minimize the advanced features as things he does not need, and complain that WM5 is too "complicated". He will say its a good unit, but he will go back to his trusty Treo, still the best unit EVAR! He will then say he cant wait to get the Treo 700p for a similar review.

His reviews are very very subjective and POS biased. Dont expect anything different in this review.

Surur
    I thought the exact same thing at first, but I think his posts thus far are very fair. Maybe we'll be surprised.

Even I got a 6700 as a means of stalling for the 700p, fully expecting to return it in two weeks. Now, after 5+ yrs of POS and a month with the 6700, I couldn't care when the 700p emerges. You never know - he might like it and decide to keep it.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    After using the PPC-6700 Palm can DIAF. I will have a review of the extended use battery. I got it from Lion batteries. Not cheap but it is the highest capacity you can get in the standard size form factor. I will let you guys know what I think in my review later this week.

I really like this phone, I haven't been a palm user for 100+ years like everyone else, but I have had the last two Palm Treos and after using this, I know see what I was missing. Although I wish I was on GSM so I could use my Treo 650 somedays.