Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    2GB has been available for months, maybe you meant 4GB?
    i like your ebay auction
    is there a good site that has a all of the latest free and commercial software for ppc similar to mytreo.net?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    is there a good site that has a all of the latest free and commercial software for ppc similar to mytreo.net?

thanks
    Try mytreo.net Remember that the 700w (a Treo) runs WM5.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Pocketgear.com
    LOL. thanks, guess i never noticed that.

BTW, i found an extended battery for the 6700 too http://www.buywirelessnow.com/utstar...riginId=261482

looks like one of those big ones that sticks out...
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    I just got my ppc-6700 (had my 650 since november 2004, and used Palm since 1998 or so). My initial impressions: WOW, this thing is awesome. I love the features so far (and I hate Microsoft). I just flashed to the new firmware, and am loading everything up now.

I think I'm gonna like this thing...once I get my slingbox mobile player, xm player, and sirius player, I'm not going to miss my treo at all...
    what is the latest FW? i tried doing a seach on google, looking at the manufactures site and looking on sprint's site, but no luck.
    is 2.06 the latest FW?
    Check out the 6700 forum at PDAphoneHome.....a quick search there should help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Pocketgear.com
    Or www.Handago.com these are the two sites that I mainly shop at.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Hobbes, you didnt happen across the SPB hack that makes it wake up, did you?
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I will keep on looking as I must have it somewhere.
    Here is a thread about WM issues with Alarms. I haven't read it yet, but just wanted to pass it along....

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...1cfafb04ce6b3d
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 04/08/2006 at 03:45 PM.
    dumb question, but what is the issue with sleep/wake up???
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    In the next few days I am getting a Sprint PPC6700 to review. I am a Palm OS fan, and love my Treo 650. It will be nice to see how this device stacks up against it.

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2006/04/im...to-review.html

Oh great, ANOTHER Jimmie Geddes SELF PROMOTION billboard on TC. I am as sick of these as I am of the "who's with me" threads and those who want to start class-action lawsuits. This is a discussion forum not a place where one comes to promote a site they are trying to financially benefit from. This is nothing but spamming. Yes, this is only my opinion but a lot of others agree. At least this is not one of the several completely baseless rumor thread he has started in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Oh great, ANOTHER Jimmie Geddes SELF PROMOTION billboard on TC. I am as sick of these as I am of the "who's with me" threads and those who want to start class-action lawsuits. This is a discussion forum not a place where one comes to promote a site they are trying to financially benefit from. This is nothing but spamming. Yes, this is only my opinion but a lot of others agree. At least this is not one of the several completely baseless rumor thread he has started in the past.
    You dont think Treocentral financially benefits from having this site??? This is a forum for other handheld. the topic is the 6700, and your post is the first one in this thread that does not involve discussion on the topic.

please do not hijack this thread. some people may be trying to make an informed decision to upgrade to the 6700 (like me). the main reason people want to sue is because they made bad decisions, and now they do not want to own up to that.

i for one like this thread, it will help me from making a bad decision...i cannot agree with you more on the threads about the class action lawsuits...i just dont think this is the place to argue that.

This one isn't so bad. There is actual relevant discussion.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    You must have been on vacation. Took you three days to comment on this?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    VPN - did microsoft change something in WM2005? i set up my coworkers WM 2003 device for VPN and it works fine. my treo also works fine.
    i cannot connect with this thing (using the same settings)....anyone know of some common mistakes?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    You dont think Treocentral financially benefits from having this site??? This is a forum for other handheld. the topic is the 6700, and your post is the first one in this thread that does not involve discussion on the topic.

please do not hijack this thread. some people may be trying to make an informed decision to upgrade to the 6700 (like me). the main reason people want to sue is because they made bad decisions, and now they do not want to own up to that.

i for one like this thread, it will help me from making a bad decision...i cannot agree with you more on the threads about the class action lawsuits...i just dont think this is the place to argue that.
    Kenny, there are a myriad of 6700 threads within TC discussing whether it is or isn't a good product. If I am to follow your logic I should also complain that Jimmie should have posted his comment in one of those threads. Instead Jimmie uses this as a way to promote his BLOG he refers to as a website. Note he is preannouncing he is going to recieve a 6700. Not that he has recieved it or that the review is even complete and posted. He is just shamelessly self promoting trying to drive people to his site. I find this rude, distastefull and an infringement on Treo Central.

So I guess I should ask the moderators to please merge this into one of the 6700 threads.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...The Jimmie Geddess Shopping Channel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You must have been on vacation. Took you three days to comment on this?
    MunkDude, yes, I was in Las Vegas this week learning the art of playing craps (totally by accident) and in meetings. Otherwise I would have certainly comented earlier. This is one of my pet peeves. Shameless plugging.
    Kenny, there are a myriad of 6700 threads within TC discussing whether it is or isn't a good product. If I am to follow your logic I should also complain that Jimmie should have posted his comment in one of those threads. Instead Jimmie uses this as a way to promote his BLOG he refers to as a website. Note he is preannouncing he is going to recieve a 6700. Not that he has recieved it or that the review is even complete and posted. He is just shamelessly self promoting trying to drive people to his site. I find this rude, distastefull and an infringement on Treo Central.

So I guess I should ask the moderators to please merge this into one of the 6700 threads.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...The Jimmie Geddess Shopping Channel.
    So how is that necessarily bad? His site is free. I didn't get charged for reading. Lots of people also post links in their sig. I've gone to those sites too. Maybe it is subtle promotion, but as long as we don't get tricked into going to a virus ladden site or something, THEN I'd be angry. All my spyware and virus detection is up to date though, just in case. But his particular site isn't so bad. Was there something there I was supposed to get tricked into buying? I didn't see it, all I saw was a lot of Apple musings, which can be interesting. He doesn't even post that often. I have probably been on here more than he has lately.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast