1.    #1  
    Hi Guys!

This might be a really dumb question for most of you, but I need some clarifications.

If I have an IMAP service with our email hosting service, could I use that service with a blackberry for example? Is the IMAP equivalent to the "blackberry" push email?

What would I need to get this to work? I have unlimited data plan with TMo. Would that be enough?

Your help is appreciated!

May the G4ce be with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpiusss
    Hi Guys!

This might be a really dumb question for most of you, but I need some clarifications.

If I have an IMAP service with our email hosting service, could I use that service with a blackberry for example? Is the IMAP equivalent to the "blackberry" push email?

What would I need to get this to work? I have unlimited data plan with TMo. Would that be enough?

Your help is appreciated!

Not quite sure what you are asking. Setting up IMAP with your treo and a program like Chatter will give you the instant notification/response that you get with a blackberry email device.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    Hi t2gungho, and thank you for your response!

What I am basically asking is if I have IMAP email, what else do I need to push it to a BlackBerry?

I got the Treo part figured, I was just trying to understand the BlackBerry part how it functions.

Thank you for you help, I appreciate it!

Regards,
    May the G4ce be with you
    Hi t2gungho, and thank you for your response!

What I am basically asking is if I have IMAP email, what else do I need to push it to a BlackBerry?

I got the Treo part figured, I was just trying to understand the BlackBerry part how it functions.

Thank you for you help, I appreciate it!

Regards,
    Sorry...I have virtually no experience with setting up BB email. I know some people who have them and if no one else can help out, I will try to ask around.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

BB is different. I just put the first half of a review up in atheread call "Blackberry- what a weird animal" check that out.

The short answer is that IMAP will do nothing for you with a blackberry because blackberries ONLY use a proprietary email address given through the service provider/rim.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Okay,

2 options.

Forget IMAP and POP3. Use BES. Blackberry Enterprise server. Cost a lot of money. BES puts hooks into your corporate email system (exchange, groupwise, Lotus Notes) and pushes email.

Second, your phone carrier may provide this option. Blackberry web. Where, you can put your account info (imap or pop) and you will receive your email on your blackberry. this isnt instantaneous, it polls these accounts every 20 minutes or so. You should also get an email address from your carrier, that any mail sent to it is instantaneous to your device.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it!
    May the G4ce be with you