Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok...Finally Got it. Now how do I get it to the 8125? It's on my desktop as a .zip
    I'm at a standstill here.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericroberts
    Ok...Finally Got it. Now how do I get it to the 8125? It's on my desktop as a .zip
    I'm at a standstill here.
    Unzip the .zip file to a folder on your computer. There is an install explanation file in the zip archive. Basically, connect your 8125 to your computer; open a file explorer window on your desktop and open the "Explore" icon in Activesync. Then copy the exe and ini files for smartskey to the Program Files directory under My Windows Mobile-Based Device. Then use the file explorer on the 8125 to open and start smartskey.exe on the device. The program will start, and use the ini settings you loaded. You can customize the ini file latert o tweak options after you get used to using smartskey.

Good luck.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  3.    #23  
    Before Smartskey, many of you may have done the registry hack to switch the Dpad function in Explorer back to smooth scrolling (from the new default of jumping from link to link). Thanks to Smartskey, you can have the best of both worlds. The volume adjuster, in Explorer, will smooth scroll in Explorer (and most all other programs) so you can reset the Dpad to jump from link to link. Brings back full one-handed operation in Explorer without the need for a stylus.

I'm sorry if I'm starting to sound like a cheerleader for Smartskey, but this is the single best, most useful, utility for a handheld that I've ever encountered, and that's 10 years worth of hacking, tweaking, and OS patches.
    Is this program functional only for smart phones or will it run on the PPC WM5 platform as well?

TIA,

Bob Duckworth
    Hi,

Smartskey works great! Do any of you use this with Voice Command, and is there any problem having both installed (first Smartskey,then VC)?

Thanks...
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidA
    Hi,

Smartskey works great! Do any of you use this with Voice Command, and is there any problem having both installed (first Smartskey,then VC)?

Thanks...
    I had Voice Command first, but no conflicts between them.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor
    Is this program functional only for smart phones or will it run on the PPC WM5 platform as well?

TIA,

Bob Duckworth
    Don't really know know. The thread at xda-developers is 25+ pages; it may be in there somewhere if you try a search on their site.
    Thanks for the news - sounds like it should be just fine. Wanted to check before I made any silly mistakes.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12