1.    #1  
    I may finally be seeing my dream cell phone. It popped up on PocketPCThoughts (be sure to visit the Italian site for more pictures):

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/

At first I thought it looked bulky in the model's hand, but checking the home site for the A308 revealed its dimensions which are NEARLY IDENTICAL to the 2125:

http://www.myaxia.com/a308.htm

It has all the goodies of the 2125 (best of all a dial pad) PLUS:

400 MHz processor
    WiFi 802.11b
    TOUCH SCREEN (about time)

It looks strikingly like the HTC Blizzard reference design floating around the net at the start of the year. The reason I'm so jazzed is that although I love the keyboard on my 8125, it is still not as small, convenient, and pocketable as my 2125, AND, doesn't even compare in one-handed operation because it lacks the 2125 dial pad. Granted, if I were writing multi-page documents or emails, the keyboard is the best out there, but generally my email replies are a paragraph or two, so writing on the screen (or using an on screen keyboard) would be good enough, AND FAR SUPERIOR to T9

rant on - I HATE T9 - rant off

The only thing missing is GSM 3G (not sure what flavor Cingular is going to end up with). It doesn't matter. If this thing is truly the size they claim (and I can find out who Axia really is) this will be my next phone (that's also assuming I get strong enough bifocals)
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I have heard the 2125 has wi-fi drivers that were turned off by Cingular and Orange. If this is true, anyone know how to "release" them?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Dimensions mocked up, and compared to a Moto Slvr. (of course its nearly twice as thick as a slvr )

Surur
  4.    #4  
    surur:

Thanks for the comparison. It makes the axia even more compelling. I'l gladly give up thickness over the slvr to get WiFi and a touch screen. If it comes with a good screen/button lock program, I'd be all over this bad boy like a duck on a bug.

Any idea who/what Axia is?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I have heard the 2125 has wi-fi drivers that were turned off by Cingular and Orange. If this is true, anyone know how to "release" them?
    Check around, but there's a thread here or on HoFo that took the 2125 apart and confirmed there is no WiFi equipment in the case. I know the i-Mate versions have WiFi, but why would you want that without a keyboard or touch screen? I guess Skype would be interesting, BUT experience on the 8125 with the same 200 MHz processor shows Skype sucks wind on the slower processor.
    A compact smartphone with wifi is cool! IMO. I don't always want to carry a full size smartphone. I just bought a thin case for the 650, it is STILL sort of thick in my purse. Of course, a guy with a belt clip might not care, but sometimes the small factor works for me. I LOVE the little 2125. The Qtek 8300 is the same phone and it DOES have the wifi enabled. I'm looking maybe to get that.

The Axia is cool though!! Maybe I'll wait.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    What about the Nokia e61 if you want a smartphone with wifi. It does not have a touch screen but it does have a full qwerty keyboard. I have played with it and it is a pretty cool device. Its the first Nokia Series 60 phone with a full qwerty keyboard. (Nokia 92xx, 93xx, and 95xx are symbian, but they are series 80)
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future