Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    i wish sprint had a bigger selection of phones like this...
    Looks nice, especially the keyboard.................

If it only ran PalmOS.
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    That phone is beautiful...
    Pretty cool. Is this a step up from the MDA, or basically the same?
  5. CJD
    track wheel=easier one handed use
    Nice design, but as many other WM phones have, I'm not liking the slideout keyboard... yeah you get more room and larger keys, but switching back and forth from portrait to landscape bugs me, even though it happens automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrebsd
    Nice design, but as many other WM phones have, I'm not liking the slideout keyboard... yeah you get more room and larger keys, but switching back and forth from portrait to landscape bugs me, even though it happens automatically.
    What bugs me is that you have to slide it out each time you want to use it The Treo keyboard is just *so* convenient. Slide-out keyboards also seem to make devices thicker (compare HTC Wizard and Prophet) and you just have to worry about the robustness of the mechanism - even if it's good and solid at first, how's it going to be in 12-18 months time?

That said, from my point of vfiew the Hermes is a really big step in the right direction - 3G in a pocketable package. I hope the released versions have the dedicated Start menu and OK buttons that some of the prerelease designs have and that these become de rigueur for WM devices.
    I honestly did not give the 6700 a second thought when I first saw it. Now after a month of using it, I don't give the slide-out keybard a second thought. It's become very natural.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Sorry Jack, but it makes the Atom look even better. Don't get me wrong, I love my Cingular 8125, which I guess would be the grandfather of the Hermes, but the size alone of the Atom makes it an even better choice for some of us. I can get by without the keyboard, because I'm usually writing a paragraph or two response to an email, or a quick contact entry, so a keyboard is not critical. Size does matter, and this is where smaller is better.

I will give a big plus - HSDPA - if only Cingular would get off its dead **** and roll it out.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  10. CJD
    A slide out keyboard certainly makes a device thicker than a device with no keyboard, but the Wizard is only 1mm thicker a Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJD
    A slide out keyboard certainly makes a device thicker than a device with no keyboard, but the Wizard is only 1mm thicker a Treo 650.
    True, but that's an apples and oranges comparison. They're very different devices and the Treo has a much bigger battery (1800 mAh vs 1250 mAh).

As an indication of what a slide-out keyboard does to the dimensions, compare the HTC Wizard and Prophet. Wizard is 5.5 mm thicker than the Prophet and there's not much difference in the specs other than the keyboard:

http://www.beyondthetech.com/downloa...Comparison.htm

Of course if you're completely happy with the thicknes of a Treo, you'd most likely be happy with the thickness of the Wizard too. Personally I'd like something thinner than the Treo I currently have.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I honestly did not give the 6700 a second thought when I first saw it. Now after a month of using it, I don't give the slide-out keybard a second thought. It's become very natural.
    That's interesting, but isn't it a two-handed operation? I'd find that pretty inconvenient at times.
    Oui oui! But I'm alway weary of the slide keyboards.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Pretty cool. Is this a step up from the MDA, or basically the same?
    This handheld is the same form factor, has UTMS support, two cameras, 300Mhz CPU, but the rest is the same AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    The Hermes will be one hot device. I cannot wait for it to come out.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Does that keyboard light up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13
    Does that keyboard light up?
    Yes:

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5011.html
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Damn, I dig that phone. I wish it had dedicated windows/ok buttons like the PPC-6700. I am so ready to move to a GSM provider. EVDO is sick, but really, I want a SIM card.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Damn, I dig that phone. I wish it had dedicated windows/ok buttons like the PPC-6700.
    Apparently it will, at least the T-Mobile version

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=2975

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=2945

Hmmm, UMTS and web 'n' walk. Not looking too bad a all!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast