Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    Cool thanks for that... I like it.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Apparently it will, at least the T-Mobile version

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=2975

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=2945

Hmmm, UMTS and web 'n' walk. Not looking too bad a all!
    I have a woody...

When will they have UMTS rolled out here in USA? T-mobile might be seeing my business when they get it in my area.
    What bugs me is that you have to slide it out each time you want to use it The Treo keyboard is just *so* convenient. Slide-out keyboards also seem to make devices thicker (compare HTC Wizard and Prophet) and you just have to worry about the robustness of the mechanism - even if it's good and solid at first, how's it going to be in 12-18 months time?
    The advantage to having a slide out keyboard is a bigger screen, which for me is a HUGE advantage. Imagine no need to have a special version of your favorite software so that is can support a square screen.

I have had my current PPC-6600 with a sliding keyboard for over 18 months now without a lick of trouble.
    It looks like it has as miniSD card...but can't find it stated anywhere. If so that is a bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    The advantage to having a slide out keyboard is a bigger screen, which for me is a HUGE advantage. Imagine no need to have a special version of your favorite software so that is can support a square screen.

I have had my current PPC-6600 with a sliding keyboard for over 18 months now without a lick of trouble.
    i agree. i would rather have a larger screen and have to 'deal' with the problem of sliding out the keyboard. many web sites are stating that this device will show up on cingular in the future.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Ya....but when is there going to be a CDMA version on Sprint???????????
    Ya....but when is there going to be a CDMA version on Sprint???????????

Hobbes, other than the better camera and the videoconferencing camera, what does this offer over the 6700?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Voice and data at the same time.
    It looks like it has as miniSD card...but can't find it stated anywhere. If so that is a bummer.
    MicroSD according to this, which is a pain
    I just don't get the whole mini-SD deal, and I'm a confirmed CIngualr 8125 user. If it pops in (like the Wizard) why downsize from th ecurrent standard. I can understand where space is a premium (like the Tornado variants - SP5, CIngualr 2125, etc) and its tucked under the battery. I'm sure it eases their supplier situation to use one size, but it sure burns those of us with invested interests.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Some good news for folks who got HTC smartphones. HTC just released AKU2 and A2DP for HTC universal and other will phones are in line to be updated.HTC releasing AKU2 and A2DP for all their phones
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    When will they have UMTS rolled out here in USA? T-mobile might be seeing my business when they get it in my area.
    Don't know about UMTS in your area but here's some info about the US release of the Hermes:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...lans-revealed/
  13.    #33  
    I have a woody...

Looks like long way off since they hadn't oicked a technology as of a few months ago

http://www.betanews.com/article/TMob...006/1134755975
    This phone is amazing. I'm a little hesitant due to Windows Mobile, but I love the specs and the jog wheel thing is the only feature I like about the blackberry. 4Q can't come soon enough.

I only wish this phone had quadband and WCDMA 2100. I'm not sure if the Hermes missing the 900 MHz band will be a problem in Europe.

Anyone know if the WCDMA 2100 MHz frequency will be compatible with Korea's WCDMA which SK telecom and KTF are starting to implement? I go to Korea at times and really would like to use my phone there, instead of renting one.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Damn I love that phone. Anyone have a Cingular rollout map for UMTS or HSDPA? I heard a rumor OKC would be getting it this summer.

That's good to hear. My 8125 is 11 weeks old, and still solid. If (when?) Cingular rolls out HSDPA, the Hermes will be in the crosshairs.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  18.    #38  
    Damn I love that phone. Anyone have a Cingular rollout map for UMTS or HSDPA? I heard a rumor OKC would be getting it this summer.
    There's a few threads here on it so I won't repeat much....had 51 major metro areas as of March 1st, by compaison Verizon had 60 as of 700w's release. Full major market coverage claimed by November.....but if Sprint's and Verizon's "claims" are anything to go by (Verizon was claiming 150 when they gave out list of 60 for journalist testing), I wouldn't put much faith in claims.
  19.    #39  
    Ya know when I started this thread, i thot the Hermes was pretty cool tho now I don't remember why I crossed it off my list.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12