1.    #1  
    I am tempted to get a Blackberry, but thinking it may be too much for me. I need to be able to receive emails, but expect to send out very little. So, what regular cell phone has a large enough screen, and capability to receive emails?

Thank you
    Well, you don't give us much (carrier, kind of mail, other needs & wants, e.g.), but it sounds like you can do without a keyboard, for one. But if you need email, I think, by definition, you need more than a "regular cell phone", you do need some kind of "smart" phone, but I'm guessing while you want a relatively large screen, and you prefer a phone-like, lighter option (something I appreciate more each day that I'm with a T-Mobile MDA vs. my 7100t.) Check out the T-Mobile SDA, or the Cingular 2125, which are basically the same phone. You'll be looking at state-of-the-art smart, a good-size screen, and still close to a "regular" phone. Look for a recent PC Magazine review of the SDA in which they called this their new Editor's Choice in this category. Good luck.

You're welcome.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, I am actually overseas in Central America, Panama.
    Yes, I donít need a great keyboard, as I mostly will receive emails. I rarely will have to type an email. So, why pay for a BlacBberry service $50, vs 10 a month on a regular cell. So, I am simply looking for a phone that has a great screen, so I can read my emails.
    Hola! Well, that changes everything. Honestly, I'm not familiar with the regular cell market at all. I didn't even know you could get email on a regular phone. Sorry; maybe someone else can help. Suerte!
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    There are so many variables here I can barely begin to advise you. Can't you just check your email via the web? I know Yahoo! and Gmail have been optimized for cells...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I would check out CNET's page.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by mordekha
    I am tempted to get a Blackberry, but thinking it may be too much for me. I need to be able to receive emails, but expect to send out very little. So, what regular cell phone has a large enough screen, and capability to receive emails?

Thank you
    Just about any cell phone out there today has the ability to receive emails. My very old Nokia 3100 could retrieve my emails. You have to give way more specifics like others have suggested - carrier, data plan, email service, price range, etc....If not having a QWERTY keyboard is fine with you, then you have tons of options available to you.