1.    #1  
    pardon the total newb question, but I've always been a Sprint customer. if I bought an unlocked GSM phone, do i just call T-Mobile for instance and have them activate the phone? How does that work?

I'm thinking about the SE P990 when it ships.

Thanks,

youngTurk
    I have cingular, and whenever I've bought an unlocked phone I just had to pop in my sim card and it started working. Tmo has sim cards too, so I would think it would be the same.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Just pop your SIM in. They don't need to do anything.

I am assuming you have a T-Mobile plan. If not you will need to get one and they will give you your SIM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Yes ,

Sim card is all you need . Pop in and your ready to go .
    When are you expecting the SE 990 p ?
    It looks like a great phone.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Yes ,

Sim card is all you need . Pop in and your ready to go .
    When are you expecting the SE 990 p ?
    It looks like a great phone.
    Mtreosexual - Just dreaming right now. i enjoyed your thread on the P990. Seems like the phone to get. With Wi-Fi, i probably won't even have to take my MacBook Pro home anymore. Do you know of anyone that has stock of this phone?

YoungTurk
    I am not sure how reliable is this place .
    http://www.samstores.com/details.asp?ProdID=5234
    Expensiveeeeeeee!!!
    SE makes solid phones though. I assure you these phones have absolutely no probs ,with what, they are advertised to do.The last SE i used was T68, the best candy bar phone ever .
    I am seriously considering 990.
    Keep checking ebay also.
    Who soever gets it first , should post a nice review.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".