Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a Moto HS820 but I'm not sure it's the best for those models.

Thanks!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 03/19/2006 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Bad English, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Cardo Scala 500. I haven't tried any others but this headset works really well. Good range, clear sound, nice and loud for noisy environments. I have an 8125 and had no problems pairing them.
    I have been quite happy with my logitech model. this is the same ne that I used with my Treo 650.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I have been happy with the Motorola HS-810/850 (not sure anymore since we got them mixed up on the counter and they all look the same!). I love the battery life and flip out boom. Easy to power on/off and audio is very good for me. They are adversely affected by microwaves though...I can only assume that this is the same for all BT headsets.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    SE HBH 662 - I love it. The volume is SO much louder with the 8125, I have to keep it turned down unless I am in a REALLY loud environment.

6.    #6  
    Thanks!

So the headsets that people report won't work well with the 650 work on these models? I was hoping to get one that works with both the 650(or maybe I'll just wait for the 700, hopefully it supports BT 1.2) and at least 2 of these models.

Anyone use the Plantronics 510(or even the 640) on these? I've heard it works well with the 650 and if it works with these models, maybe I've found my universal headset!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    I use the Plantronics 640 but I think I'm going to return it because it doesn't have good noise cancelling.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Cardo Scala 500: same results as phattysalz on the 8125. It also worked well on the Treo 650, Samsung 5600 and Cingular 2125.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Excellent question, LT! I've been trying to find a BT headset that will work with my MDA, have reasonably good noise cancelling, and operate as well as possible with Voice Command. Over on HoFo, lots of folks are complaining that a problem with the phone app/VC/BT stack result in the BT connection staying open with the headset. This causes a two-fold problem: drains the headset battery and phone battery and prevents VC from working properly.

Anyone having this problem or better yet have a BT headset that ISN"T having this problem?
    I use a Motorola HS820 and 810 right now with my devices. I am getting the Motorola H3 for free in a couple of weeks.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
  11.    #11  
    How does the HS820 work?

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Cardo Scala 500: same results as phattysalz on the 8125. It also worked well on the Treo 650, Samsung 5600 and Cingular 2125.
    People seem to either love or hate this one with the 650. I get so confused about it.

i havent gotten one yet, but i think im ordering this one
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826106948
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  14.    #14  
    If one more person can honestly say that the Cardo Scala 500 works well with the 650 as well as these other models, I may end up buying that one. But I have seen other reports that say lots of static on the 650. Is it BT 1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    If one more person can honestly say that the Cardo Scala 500 works well with the 650 as well as these other models, I may end up buying that one. But I have seen other reports that say lots of static on the 650. Is it BT 1.2?
    Pretty sure its 1.2. Never had the static problem with it - in high wind it is noisy, but works fine otherwise (like on teh roof hanging Christmas lights; on the highway).

Another one that's worth investigating is the Nextlink Bluespoon AX2:

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/...etooth_headset

Really small and good function (according to The Gadgeteer) but don't know about using it with the Treo. They reviewed it with the PPC-6700. I really like the min-size and mini-usb power charger.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  16.    #16  
    So I am looking at the Cardo Scala 500, Plantronics 510 and the SE HBH-662? Maybe I'll get all 3 if I can find a good discount place.

Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    LT, my advice is to wait a couple of weeks. The Plantronics 640 is the best BT headset imo in all aspects EXCEPT it does not have noise cancellation (hence the noise complaint I posted earlier). However, the 645 should be on sale starting in April and it is exactly the same except it has added DSP for noise cancellation. It'll be the best available at that point. I am returning my 640 at the end of the month to get the 645 as soon as it's available.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    How does the HS820 work?
    Its kinda hit and miss with the 650. It seems that whenever I want to make a call when using my 820 with my 650, I always need to hit the talk button on the headset to make it connect to the phone. With my Wizard and my superjam, this is not the case. My headset will stay connected without me pressing any buttons.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    So I am looking at the Cardo Scala 500, Plantronics 510 and the SE HBH-662? Maybe I'll get all 3 if I can find a good discount place.
    I have tried several BT headsets and I have returned all of them except one. here is my experience with them.
    SE 660...Great call quality...not loud enough...tried the eargel...which made it louder...but I didn't like the way it felt.
    Cardo scala 500...I don't know about you other guys...but it lasted a half a day and I sent it back. It was a piece of crap IMO.
    Logitech Mobile Pro...great call quality...not loud enough...Way too BIG for my taste.
    The one I use now and the only one that I have NOT sent back is the Plantronics 510. It is handsdown the best one I have used....it is extremely loud, and call quality is almost equal to the SE660. The only draw back is that it is a little slow to connect on a call...but I can live with that...so for all its worth LT don't bother with the other ones and get the 510
    Hey, I have tried all over the net to buy the new version of the Voyager 510. They are all out of stock. Anyone know of a place? Other than the plantronics site which has it for $99.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast