Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Our very own TC is selling it for around $60, don't know what version though. I saw one version that was VERY expensive for $250!! Even more than the Plantronics site!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    LT, called the TC store today. The gentleman who answered did not even know that there was a revised version out. He took a look and came back to say that it was the blue and grey one - the old version. I would have bought one from here if they had the new one. Maybe they can post online in the forums when they have 'em.
    Thanks for lookin though. Appreciated mucho!
  3.    #23  
    What's the difference between the old and the new? Noise cancellation?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Noise cancelling + windsmart technology.
  5.    #25  
    I will probably end up ordering the new 510, maybe even from the site. But I want to try the Cardo anyway. I hope I get lucky, but for $35(I found a site) it won't be too bad of a loss if it doesn't work with every phone. I think from reading on here you will get better reception if you keep the phone and the headset on the same side of the body.

P.S. Just ordered the Scala 500 for $41 shipped. We will see. I'll order the new 510 next month.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 03/25/2006 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Update.

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Just got the Cardo Scala for $49.99 with car charger from CompUSA while I wait for the Plantronics 645 to be released. Sorry to say it's going back TODAY. It is not even half as loud as my previous headsets (HBH-660, Logitech Mobile Freedom, Plantronics 640 and NXZen 5000). I rather go headset-less than suffer with that. I am really dissapointed. Hope the 645 is released soon.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Forgot to specify it's the Cardo Scala 500 that stinks.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

8.    #28  
    On which phone was it bad?

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    On my Cingular 8125.

freind just gave me his Moto HS820, still charging, guess ill find out how this one works...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    People seem to either love or hate this one with the 650. I get so confused about it.

...i hate it. Sound quality and voice quality were horrible. I heard good things from co-workers and it just didn't hold up to be true. I went with a Plantronics Voyager 510 and I love it. A little more delay in transfering call to headset, but it's worth it. The sound, mic, and stability on my ear are perfect. I love it.

Plus, the Plantronics support is awesome. I broke my mic and called their support. They sent me a new one via mail and asked me to return my old one after I got the replacement up and working. I haven't sent it back yet (shame on me), but they gave me no hassles.

Would buy another!!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm
    ...i hate it. Sound quality and voice quality were horrible. I heard good things from co-workers and it just didn't hold up to be true. I went with a Plantronics Voyager 510 and I love it. A little more delay in transfering call to headset, but it's worth it. The sound, mic, and stability on my ear are perfect. I love it.

Plus, the Plantronics support is awesome. I broke my mic and called their support. They sent me a new one via mail and asked me to return my old one after I got the replacement up and working. I haven't sent it back yet (shame on me), but they gave me no hassles.

Would buy another!!
    ....on my 650
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Forgot to specify it's the Cardo Scala 500 that stinks.
    Wow...had opposite experience with Scala 500 and my 8125. Extremely loud - have phone volume on about 75% and don't even have the headset volume up all the way and it is loud even with car windows down. Really clear voice quality and great range. Possibly you got a bum unit??
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Are you using the optional Silicone Cap? Maybe that helps but mine didn't include it.

no...I don't like the way it fits in my ear with the silicone cap.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12