Slow news day at Cnet? "Several customers" doesn't sound very serious.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Has to be a slow day... they link to a forum post with 3 whopping pages of replys.
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    Slow news day at Cnet? "Several customers" doesn't sound very serious.
    It's a RIM quote....why would RIM intentionally make their problems sound serious.....isn't the spokesperson's job to minimize the damage ? .... looks like a typical CYA statement to me....especially when the same thing happened on T-Mobile a few weeks ago. And for those customers affected, Iwould think they consider no mail for two days serious.

"Research In Motion confirmed Wednesday that several BlackBerry customers service experienced outages this week...."

Kind a like politicians saying "several families were made homeless by Hurricane katrina". Remember Cheney on the news ? He just gets done stating that the people have been supportive of the government efforts and that he hasn't heard any negative comments when a guy walks into camera range and directs a fe choice expletives at him.

Like the politicians, the side screwing up will say its nothing, the competition will try and make it bigger and the truth lies somewhere in between.
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrebsd
    Has to be a slow day... they link to a forum post with 3 whopping pages of replys.
    I have a question.....just how are those people w/o any mail servcie to go about replying ?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I have a question.....just how are those people w/o any mail servcie to go about replying ?
    You act as though they don't have a regular internet connection.

On that website, if you login via BB it will report the browser information on the top of the reply. - About 80% of posts there come from regular desktops; just like here... not everyone is using their Treo to post.
  6.    #7  
    No, lets look at the problem.....

"A Verizon representative said that a very small number of its BlackBerry customers could have been affected by a Verizon-designed software upgrade to its network this week if they were roaming on other networks, and that any of those problems did not appear related to RIM's software upgrade"

Here's my thinking.....if I am roaming "on another network", then I am likely away from my home location. If I am away from my home location I don't have my regular internet connection and am relying on my portable device. If I am relying on my portable device, and it ain't woikin, I don't have much option do I.

If I am at my home location using my regular connection, I wasn't out roaming on another network and therefore I wouldn't be in a position to experience the problem and wouldn't have anything to complain about.
    The roaming issue only applied to Verizon customers (on other networks, it was a non-roaming issue).... and you do relize it was a BIS Email problem right? - Internet service itself was not interupted & I personaly know this. If you check the forum [blackberryforums.com, which cnet linked to... or pinstack.com which is another bb forum] for AndreBSD you will see that I have a 7100 unit; but am in the process of switching over to a Treo 700w. I also had no Email for a while... Browsing has always worked; which is why customers using a Blackberry Enterprise Server still got their Email as normal. The regular connection never went down.

So in the case where they are on vacation, didn't bring their laptop or anything... They could still login if they wanted to on the forums. The reason they only got 3 pages, well not that many people talk on the forum to begin with... I got bored when I would browse around there. And I think both of us were joking with the replys on cnet having a slow day.
    Last edited by andrebsd; 03/17/2006 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Fixing Typo