Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    To briefly resurrect this thread - I recently got my MDA and I'm definitely keeping it. Love this damn thing. My affinity for the PalmOS is definitely over. WM5 isn't the be all end all, but it has helped me realize how "basic" and outdated PalmOS is (especially in regards to multitasking and radio management).

The free Smartskey app REALLY helps in one-handed use in WM5, but even without that I probably would have kept the MDA anyway thanks to:

- large screen
    - wifi
    - EDGE (my other device is a Treo 600 - no EDGE)
    - greater resolution than my old 600
    - streaming built in
    - great Today screen
    - relatively cheap

This should get me by for a year or so until I get some ridiculously expensive phone with GPS, 3G, multi-megapixel camera and a fast processor.
    ninodelsol

If only more folks would open their eyes to how little new value Palm is delivering with the 700w and 700p. Look at adding MS Voice Command - not cheap, but you'll never use the dialpad onscreen again (unless you feel to geeky talking to your phone).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    ninodelsol

If only more folks would open their eyes to how little new value Palm is delivering with the 700w and 700p. Look at adding MS Voice Command - not cheap, but you'll never use the dialpad onscreen again (unless you feel to geeky talking to your phone).
    Easy Strauss...you know how restless the natives get around here when you speak ill of their pet.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Easy Strauss...you know how restless the natives get around here when you speak ill of their pet.
    That's why I'm doing it over here in "Other Handhelds" - last time I made a suggestion (why is T700p more expensive than Moto Q) my parentage was questioned and Ronbo banished my thread over here to be lost to the public. Luckily I wear my fire retardent red spandex under my outerware at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    ninodelsol

Amen to the Palm thing. I liked it for a while but definitely wasn't myopic about it. I will look into MS Voice Command - thanks for that suggestion. I'll be trying out so many things over the holiday weekend it won't even be funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    Amen to the Palm thing. I liked it for a while but definitely wasn't myopic about it. I will look into MS Voice Command - thanks for that suggestion. I'll be trying out so many things over the holiday weekend it won't even be funny.
    Enjoy - but beware of that 7 day trial of Voice Command - once you've tried it you'll be hooked - voice tags will never suffice again
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123