Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not sure how legit this dealer or offer is, but I just came across a new service deal that ends today (Monday, March 6):

$99 T-Mobile MDA

With new voice & data activation and $125.00 mail in rebate. $499.00 value!

Offer valid until Monday March 6th, 2006

http://www.ushopwireless.com/wireles...gn=tmobile_mda

Buyer beware, of course, but if you do take the plunge please report back! For those of you looking for new activation - I'm jealous!
    I'm a current T-Mo subscriber on month-to-month. My contract ran out. If I could figure out how to do it I would sign up for this, get the MDA for $99 and still have my well-loved Treo 650 for backup. Or use the Treo and have the MDA for backup. Or something.

C'mon. It must be a legit business. They have a website!
    hehe - I like the website assurance :-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I'm trying now . . . gotta call their customer service which is in Mountain Time and closes at 4:00 p.m. So tomorrow. We'll see if they have a wangle around me already having T-Mobile service.

I guess I could sign up for new service, then cancel my month-to-month after the new service starts, but I want to keep my old phone number (from ATT Wireless days) which is one of those coveted numbers ending in double zero. Well, at least it is coveted by me.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    I'm a current T-Mo subscriber on month-to-month. My contract ran out. If I could figure out how to do it I would sign up for this, get the MDA for $99 and still have my well-loved Treo 650 for backup. Or use the Treo and have the MDA for backup. Or something.

C'mon. It must be a legit business. They have a website!

Hope you can get it. Not sure if we'll see a price this low for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    hehe - I like the website assurance :-)
    I hate that one as well but in the old days before the internet, you call in your order and provide basically the same information then. Why would you trust the voice more?

The privacy certificate uses GoDaddy - Starfield Secure Certification Authority. Hmmm.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 03/06/2006 at 07:53 PM.
    I trust the voice more because, ummmm, they have an 800 number.

Edit. And they want my Visa card number. They have to be real, right?
    From their website page "About Us":

By consolidating all of the essential telecommunications needs of businesses under one roof and then pricing their services significantly below the market . . . .
    This kinda sounds like the old joke about losing money on the per-item sale but making up for it by selling in volume.
    Can you tell that I'm talking myself out of this?
    The company seems legit via the BBB report. If your order with your card, you are protected by the card company.

IMO, GoDaddy name with the nice looking girl on a Superbowl ad does not exactly associate privacy confidence. However, if I want it I would still order it as I have the credit card protection.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 03/06/2006 at 08:10 PM.
  11.    #11  
    No worries on GoDaddy - I use them for hosting and e-commerce on one of my sites. They are solid.
  12.    #12  
    Looks like they're doing one of those things where they keep extending the offer after it expires. It now says it's valid until Wednesday, March 8.
    Wow. No one bit yet? Am I the crash test dummy on this deal?
  14.    #14  
    Yeah, if I was out of contract I'd be mighty tempted. Is there any third party site that reviews resellers like this for credibility, reliability, etc.?
    The site is legit. I bought 2 sidekick 2's from the site two months ago. They always have deals like that. I just wish I would have known before I bought my MDA as I was looking to open a new account for my Mom.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Update . . . .

Called. Customer Service describes itself as Venicom and rolls over to voice mail. Ick. We'll see.

My other problem -- not solved by Visa's fraud protection, etc. -- is how I explain all of this hoo-hah to my wife. She barely uses the voice mail on her normal cell phone and Just Doesn't Understand the absolute necessity for whizbang phones.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    Update . . . .

Called. Customer Service describes itself as Venicom and rolls over to voice mail. Ick. We'll see.

My other problem -- not solved by Visa's fraud protection, etc. -- is how I explain all of this hoo-hah to my wife. She barely uses the voice mail on her normal cell phone and Just Doesn't Understand the absolute necessity for whizbang phones.
    Just do like women do when they buy things they don't absolutely need: "but it was on SALE!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    Just do like women do when they buy things they don't absolutely need: "but it was on SALE!"
    OK. I got through to the person at customer service at Venicom (which apparently is the Power Behind The Scenes). 866-602-9080.

I could sign up for this deal and get the MDA for $99 after rebates if I activate a new line. But I can't port my existing phone number over. I'd have to give up that xxx-xxx-2500 number, which I ain't a-gonna do.

If you're comfortable getting a new mobile number, that's not a deal breaker for you.

Second problem. The MDA would go on backorder and they have noooooooo idea when they'll ship.

F'get it.
  20.    #20  
    That's too bad. As I read in more detail, pre-rebate it's only $224, and it's only a 1 year contract. Overall not bad at all.

But that's weird about not being able to port over your existing number. I thought you could always do that no matter what, especially out of contract.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast