1.    #1  
    Deja Vu all over again

Listen http://news.com.com/2100-1047_3-6045...5979&subj=news

"Research In Motion and NTP have agreed to settle the patent dispute over the BlackBerry device for $612.5 million, the companies announced in a press release on Friday. Under the agreement, RIM will receive a license to NTP's patents going forward, they said."

read http://news.com.com/BlackBerry+saved...80.html?tag=nl
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Now Sprint can introduce Blackberry Connect for treo?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I think that is all they were waiting for ...
    It is about time.....can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    It is about time.....can't wait.

you would think so, but Palm's response to the settlement was this:

"We have long believed that a settlement between these parties would be the eventual outcome. We have remained focused on competing in the market by delivering choice to our customers based upon open, standards-based products that win in the marketplace. Palm's partnerships with Good Technology and Microsoft are attracting a growing number of customers. In the United States, we are gaining share of the smartphone market faster than any other supplier, including RIM. We think our momentum will continue as more and more companies understand and deploy our solutions."

So will we see Blackberry Connect for the Treo???
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Palm and Blackberry signed an agreement for that several months ago.

Edit: Now I hear this morning that Palm may want out of the agreement.
    Last edited by Rodolfo; 03/06/2006 at 11:11 AM.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    Palm and Blackberry signed an agreement for that several months ago.

Edit: Now I hear this morning that Palm may want out of the agreement.
    I have heard rumors similar to that as well. Nothing concrete, though. Would be interested in your source.
    did you hear any reason why they might want out of the agreement?
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    I just head it as a rumor or "talk on the street" blurb from a CNBC reporter, at about mid-morning US-eastern time, speculating about the sharp drop in Palm stock that morning. No reason was given though I imagined that some thought that the RIM settlement meant a lesser opportunity for the Treo. Of course, the settlement was enough of an explanation for the drop in the stock, but perhaps not by as much.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  10.    #10  
    Palm stock has been geting pushed up a few points a day for the last 2 or 3 months by speculators who thot they might score big if RIM lost in court.....the speculators cashed out....no more , no less.
    a few points a week perhaps... a few points a day for 3 months and Palm could have bought RIM
    Again, purely rumor and speculation and until I hear something firm from a carrier, I would count just as that: rumor.