Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    This is a Tablet XP-based platform, so it runs virtually any Windows program, plus it has pen/touch-screen and other functionalities. The main attraction I see for this is ultra-portability, meaning low weight and high battery life. And I'd imagine built-in wireless access to networks as well as our other wireless and virtual devices including Treos, MDAs, Blackberries, Mp3 players, Sling devices, X-Boxes, Tivo and other video boxes, and probably even Apple stuff.

I'm not sure it can run Dreamweaver and FTP, which are 2 main programs I may need to access while on the road. If I knew for sure, maybe I'd seriously consider it.

Gharrod, is it really going to be only about $600? That's less than half what they want for the Dualcor, if so. Could end up being a better deal.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I will take dualcor . Built in phone . Much smaller than Origami.
    Personally this product seems to be a little late in its introduction . Something like this would have been very siccessfull if introduced, 4-5 yrs ago .
    Now there are much better options.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I'm not sure it can run Dreamweaver and FTP, which are 2 main programs I may need to access while on the road. If I knew for sure, maybe I'd seriously consider it.

Gharrod, is it really going to be only about $600? That's less than half what they want for the Dualcor, if so. Could end up being a better deal.
    The target price for the Origami devices is $500. They will be more expensive at launch, but Microsoft is hoping for a $500 price point by Christmas.

Dreamweaver may be too much for it, simply because of the screen size not offering you enough real estate. I'm not looking to run Visual Studio on it, at least not unless I have to.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    I will take dualcor . Built in phone . Much smaller than Origami.
    Personally this product seems to be a little late in its introduction . Something like this would have been very siccessfull if introduced, 4-5 yrs ago .
    Now there are much better options.
    The DualCor isn't much smaller, and for that smaller form factor, you also get a 2" smaller screen. Supposedly the DualCor is also heavier than the Origami devices.

What's a better device on the market now? The OQO? The far more expensive ($1500) DualCor?
    I'm back!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123