1.    #1  
    "Fifth Media has announced a small yet powerful Pocket PC Phone with an integrated alphanumeric keypad for better phone experience.

The new AXIA A308 uses the candy bar form factor and sports quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE cellular connectivity as well as integrated Bluetooth 1.2 and Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11b) short-range wireless networking.

The handset runs Windows Mobile 5 on a 416 MHz Intel PXA272 processor and has 64 MB and 128 MB ROM. It is equipped with a 2.2-inch color QVGA (240 x 320 pixels) TFT screen, mini SD card slot, and 1.3-megapixel camera.

The AXIA A308 measures 113.3 x 48.8 x 20.8 mm, and weighs 128 g. In fact it is one of the smallest Pocket PC Phone devices on the market.

“The AXIA A308 represents an obvious next step in mobile device consolidation. The device user gets full access to traditional cellular services from just about anywhere in the world, with its quad-band capabilities. Its compact size and built-in Wi-Fi will set this device apart as a business tool,” said Mr. Bernard Bowiz, Chief Technical Adviser of Fifth Media. “With the increasing proliferation of Wi-Fi hotspots, the AXIA A308 will also offer a more cost effective way for users to access the Web,” adds Mr. Bowiz.

The handset is expected to be available in about a month in Switzerland at the price of $610."

http://www.pdalive.com/showarticle.php?threadid=10624

Also here:

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/03...ll_smartphone/
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 03/01/2006 at 05:01 PM.
    Where's the keyboard?
    I'm back!
    I can live with no keyboard. It may indeed make things a bit more difficult, but I have lived without one before.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I can live with no keyboard. It may indeed make things a bit more difficult, but I have lived without one before.
    True, you've done it before, but can you do it again?

I don't see myself going back.
    I'm back!
    Does anyone know if it has a touch screen - I still think that could alleviate in part the absence of a keyboard. However, if it doesn't, how is this any better than the SP5 smartphone lines (since they include WiFi, while the Cingular 2125 does nto).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    It does have a touch screen. I personally feel the screen is just too small to be useful however. We are talking about needing magnifying glasses etc

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    True, you've done it before, but can you do it again?

I don't see myself going back.
    Yes, I am doing it now. But I'm so used to switching devices, that could be why it doesn't bother me so much yet. If I switch over to a keyboard device permanently and as my only device, then maybe I wouldn't go back. As of now, no device I'm using has a built-in keyboard, the PDAs have on-screen boards.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Yes, I am doing it now. But I'm so used to switching devices, that could be why it doesn't bother me so much yet. If I switch over to a keyboard device permanently and as my only device, then maybe I wouldn't go back. As of now, no device I'm using has a built-in keyboard, the PDAs have on-screen boards.
    But why are you switching between a 650 and other Palm or WM smartphones or PDAs? I can see switching to a phone, so that you have the convenience of a small phone to carry around, but why to another PDA? What are you not getting in your current setup?

I just can't see going back to a separate phone and PDA. My 650 does everything I need it to. It's not perfect, but it's close. Maybe the 700w or 700p will get me closer, or maybe a better WM5 phone will come along. But I guess I can wait until then.

I do like the new mobile ESPN phones though.

The only other device I would carry around with me would be my PSP, so I guess my setup would be a 650 (swapped for a future 700) and a PSP. I wonder if the Universal could merge these devices.
    I'm back!
    I'm convinced I'm a gadget addict. Too many, LOL!I will probably try out the MDA next, maybe it will get me to quit switching devices. Because it has both WM5, a phone, and a keyboard. But I've seen reviews claiming the phone signal isn't that great. We will see.

I'm convinced I'm a gadget addict. Too many, LOL!I will probably try out the MDA next, maybe it will get me to quit switching devices. Because it has both WM5, a phone, and a keyboard. But I've seen reviews claiming the phone signal isn't that great. We will see.
    That's the way I look at it. If I had the perfect device, I'd quit looking for "the next great thing".

Is it really that hard to do?
    I'm back!