1.    #1  
    Had a 650, got the 700w the day it came out.

I played with the XV today and loved how data-centric it is. I probably use my pda for email and word processing 80% of the time so I am thinking about switching. What do you guys think? I may miss the 1 handed dialing, but that isn't much of a loss compared to the keyboard on the XV.
    battery stinks. You will be charging at least once per day if not more.
  3.    #3  
    well that is lame... Do you have the XV?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I dig mine. EVDO data is sweet. Landscape mode is awesome. The battery life is ok. Could be better, but it is not terrible as some would have you believe. Besides it uses USB cables to charge who doesnt have one of those lying around. Plus the INCLUDED cradle has a place to charge a spare battery.
  5.    #5  
    Great post, yeah I think I will be happier with the XV, I am just way more of a data communicator. Is there any clever way to one handed dial while driving, or am I dreamin?
    yea- just use the touch screen...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I hear voice command is amazing.
    Good post. I'm also looking at switching.

I rely on my 700 to handle a 7meg .pdf file that I refer to when I'm on call. When opening the file, I occaisionally run out of memory. As far as battery life, I charge my 700 every night anyway. I can one hand dial on the 6700 using the touch screen. Too bad voice command isn't standard. The key board is easier to use and the device is easier to hold when using the keyboard. I've requested a demo unit from my corp. rep. who says I should get it within a week.

I like my 700 except for the memory issue.
  9.    #9  
    Well picked up the 6700 today... yeah one hand dialing... forget it. Its just easier to open the thing up.
    i'm typing on my new 6700 now... not too bad, I love that my jabra bt800 finally works flawlessly. one handed dialing is easy- I remember days of the 600 with soft butons for evry phone function. i'm having some vision connction issues but ill get that straightened out with sprint tomorrow. great device overall i'd say- but I'm a big fan of windows mobile. I was one of those who thought the treo 600 would be perfect with windows on it. now that the 700 is out I wasn't impressed. this device impresses me- the keyboard takes some getting used to.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    i'm typing on my new 6700 now... not too bad, I love that my jabra bt800 finally works flawlessly. one handed dialing is easy- I remember days of the 600 with soft butons for evry phone function. i'm having some vision connction issues but ill get that straightened out with sprint tomorrow. great device overall i'd say- but I'm a big fan of windows mobile. I was one of those who thought the treo 600 would be perfect with windows on it. now that the 700 is out I wasn't impressed. this device impresses me- the keyboard takes some getting used to.
    I had also thought a WinTreo would be a great marriage of the best OS with the best form factor. Alas, Windows was ready for the Treo, but the Treo was not ready for Widows. Palm should have waited until it was ready to release a dynamite device, not just a Win version of a 650 which has been somewhat to highly unsatisfactory for users. If the release schedule was necessary, they should have called it the 650W or -maybe 675.5W at most.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Hi all:
    Currently on unlocked T650: I am considering the MDA from TMo--I used their ipaq 6315 until they refused to offer a WM5 upgrade. But my main compaint with the 6315 was not being able to see the display in sunlight, especially with sunglasses on. T650 is much better in this respect. Can anyone comment on whether the HTC Wizzards are improved over the 6315 on this. THANKS!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Not excellent in my experience in sunlight. New brightness hack out though, that I hear might make it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwatdav
    Hi all:
    Currently on unlocked T650: I am considering the MDA from TMo--I used their ipaq 6315 until they refused to offer a WM5 upgrade. But my main compaint with the 6315 was not being able to see the display in sunlight, especially with sunglasses on. T650 is much better in this respect. Can anyone comment on whether the HTC Wizzards are improved over the 6315 on this. THANKS!
    I've tried it and it's as bad as I've had, at least in the default setting; that is, I haven't tried to adjust it. I had the 6315 as well, and it's about the same. It's definitely not as good as the 7100t I'm replacing -I hope. The screen is beautiful indoors, but quite bad outdoors -and as you know from the 6315, it's not just bad in direct sunlight where just about any device is useless. I was reviewing my mail yesterday on a sunny day; in the shade and working with various angles, I could barely see the mail item that was highlighted as I moved the cursor key, although once opened, the text on the message was readable. (BTW, to all: it is truly wonderful to have an inverted-T cursor control on these keyboards.)
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Thanks for the input--I realize that screenlight may be a sacrifice for the wifi, voice dialing, pocket Office advantages of Wizzards over Palm.

cheers, wwatdav