1.    #1  
    http://www.clieuk.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4102

117 % use Palm / 28% windows.....

...no add up to 100% cracks....peeps can use more than one device
    Okay, I can buy into the total being more than 100%, but one device being more than 100%?

Oh, okay, Palm is a summary of more than one device in the poll and all Palm devices in the poll total more than 100%.

Sounds like the population was skewed towards multiple device Palm users.. . . . . .

(Hey Jack -- not really following you around today -- but I guess I am.)

Too bad for palm those numbers aren't reflected in actual annual sales.
    I am surprised by the show of force by the Clie and "other" PalmOS users. Looks like backward competibility does worth something.
  5.    #5  
    "Palm said it shipped 602,000 Treos during the quarter, 81 per cent more than it did in the year-ago three-month period. The company claims a 78 per cent share of the US PDA market and a 36 per cent share of the US smart-phone arena. It said it makes eight of ten best-selling PDAs in the US."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12...results_q2_06/

Interesting side note....I re-read the Gartner reports that last reported BB's outselling Palm 711k to 615k in 1st quarter 2005... (840k to 642k in 2nd quarter, 862 to 478k 3rd quarter) what the summaries did not say is that those figures did not include smartphone sales "like the Treo 650". Palm sold 614K Treos last quarter alone.

Of course we have litttle to go by other than these analaysts reports but obviously each has a differen definition of what constitutes a PDA or Smartphone. In either, case with perofrmance like this "Achieving the eighth consecutive quarter of year-over-year double-digit revenue growth and growing our converged device market share to 36 percent in the United States(1) are significant accomplishments," said Ed Colligan, president and chief executive officer of Palm. "We'll roll out the Palm Treo 700w smartphone based on Microsoft's Windows Mobile, and we'll announce three additional new smartphones during calendar year 2006." I don;t think Palm's going anywhere soon.