Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    Two things:

2) Does anyone have any idea on how to get the caps lock to turn off on my 8125 and have it *stay* off before I totally lose my mind?
    Double click the shift key. If it is still "sticking" do soft reset - mine did that once (every time I opened email it would start typing in all caps) and only a soft reset worked. FYI - hold down power button until dialog comes up to soft reset; or use reset pin holeon right side.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Two things:
    1) The app above I can't use. It's nice, but it appears to want to upload all the data to one of the companies servers. I can't expose data like that. I have no idea of what controls they have on it. If there was a way to run it locally that would be better. But it did inspire me ... maybe I'll write something myself.

2) Does anyone have any idea on how to get the caps lock to turn off on my 8125 and have it *stay* off before I totally lose my mind?
    To turn caps on and off you have to hit the red dot then shift. Same method is used to turn it off.

I would love for this to be able to upload to a local client server. I too am very weary of giving out sensitive data and asked the same questions about this company. The software is freaking amazing though.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    re. all caps...
    On mine, you just hit the shift button twice to lock it on, and twice to unlock it. The same for the alt button (red dot).

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    For those of you wjo may not know what "smartskey" mentioned earlier, it is an absolute MUST HAVE little app that allows you to press and hold the left soft key to activate the Start Menu from any app, and the right soft key to ok/close. Additionally, it allows for 4 way scrolling in IE and other apps by using the volume buttons to scroll up and down by page and keep the d-pad use of left and right, and up and down by link. It is also customzeable which is great.

Type "smartskey" in the search at www.xda-developers.com to get all the details.

In essence, it provides the windows and ok buttons that were left out on the Wizard but included on the Sprint and Verizon 6700's.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    It VASTLY improves one-handed use.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    It VASTLY improves one-handed use.
    and using it along with Vbar is great too, Vbar is better than Magin Button for closing apps still running and slowing down the device.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    For those of you wjo may not know what "smartskey" mentioned earlier, it is an absolute MUST HAVE little app that allows you to press and hold the left soft key to activate the Start Menu from any app, and the right soft key to ok/close. Additionally, it allows for 4 way scrolling in IE and other apps by using the volume buttons to scroll up and down by page and keep the d-pad use of left and right, and up and down by link. It is also customzeable which is great.

Type "smartskey" in the search at www.xda-developers.com to get all the details.

In essence, it provides the windows and ok buttons that were left out on the Wizard but included on the Sprint and Verizon 6700's.
    I still wonder who thought it was a good idea to leave those buttons off the device. They are arguably more important than the e-mail and PIE buttons that ARE included. (But are located in odd corners of the device ... making you juggle the device if you want to use them with one hand.)

That said: This app prevents madness and increases quality of life when living with these devices. <smile>
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I still wonder who thought it was a good idea to leave those buttons off the device. They are arguably more important than the e-mail and PIE buttons that ARE included. (But are located in odd corners of the device ... making you juggle the device if you want to use them with one hand.)

That said: This app prevents madness and increases quality of life when living with these devices. <smile>
    I still wonder how Cingular customers ended up with a device with a 200mhz processor, when the CDMA phones of the same (well, VERY similar) design got a 400+mhz processor - and they've had theirs for MONTHS. The 8125 is a great device, but doubling the speed of the processor could, at least in theory, alleviate a lot of the problems some of us find annoying. I've tried the OMAP overclocker, and my jury is still out. It was a tad unstable at 254mhz and locked up at 300mhz. I haven't tried it one notch under 254mhz, but I may do that in the next day or two when I have time to play around with it. I understand that is where most users set it.

Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    I still wonder how Cingular customers ended up with a device with a 200mhz processor, when the CDMA phones of the same (well, VERY similar) design got a 400+mhz processor - and they've had theirs for MONTHS. The 8125 is a great device, but doubling the speed of the processor could, at least in theory, alleviate a lot of the problems some of us find annoying. I've tried the OMAP overclocker, and my jury is still out. It was a tad unstable at 254mhz and locked up at 300mhz. I haven't tried it one notch under 254mhz, but I may do that in the next day or two when I have time to play around with it. I understand that is where most users set it.

They are different processors. The 8125/MDA have dual core processors whereas the 6700 are single core processors. I think they have one core dedicated to graphics processing (which is why the screen rotation is MUCH faster than on the 6700).

It's actually a more advanced chip.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    They are different processors. The 8125/MDA have dual core processors whereas the 6700 are single core processors. I think they have one core dedicated to graphics processing (which is why the screen rotation is MUCH faster than on the 6700).

That's a good reason - but it blows my theory
    Thanks for setting me straight, though!

Yes. I miss it.

In fact, the first developer that comes out with threaded SMS on the Windows Mobile platform gets my money.

(I'm already digging in the APIs .. if I can find a way to do it I will.)

I'm almost done writing an app to dump the call log to a file that you can download to your PC.
    ... the call log is dumped. I just need a little more time to finish it.
    The O2 Atom has a threaded SMS app called "O2 SMS Plus" (See http://www.seeo2.com/product/XdaAtom...pplications.vm).

It provides threaded SMS. Download it here -> http://www.seeo2.com/downloads/swupg...MSPlusv1-1.exe
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Are you sure this works on these devices?
    Would be nice if it did. O2 seems to have the best modded WM5 of all carriers, even better than the Palm one. Who will be the guinea pig for this app?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Would be nice if it did. O2 seems to have the best modded WM5 of all carriers, even better than the Palm one. Who will be the guinea pig for this app?
    I'll do it! <smile>

At the rate I'm going I'll need to do a full rebuild soon anyway.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:

I think that the first core handles apps, while the second core the phone/radio/modem. I didn't know about the faster screen rotation, but it does have a graphics accelerator -though I don't know how that affects anything. I know my Kevtris pieces move at a nice slow pace.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    So far the O2 SMS App is not working. It looks like the install goes ok, but then when I clicked the icon nothing happened. The uninstall failed. I can not reinstall it. I'm rebooting the device to see if I can fix it. (Worse: I can't find where it put the files!)

... more to come.

[edit] ok ... it doesn't work. Worse, to uninstall it you have to reboot the device first. So something hangs.

Oh well.
    Many nice apps on that page ... it's a shame we can't use them.
    I wish more vendors would develop like O2 is doing.
    Last edited by driven01; 03/16/2006 at 02:22 PM.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    That SMS app is copy protected. It will only run on an O2 device.

Surur
    I guess I'll be writing my own at some point in the future. (Time permitting)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    So far the O2 SMS App is not working. It looks like the install goes ok, but then when I clicked the icon nothing happened. The uninstall failed. I can not reinstall it. I'm rebooting the device to see if I can fix it. (Worse: I can't find where it put the files!)

... more to come.

[edit] ok ... it doesn't work. Worse, to uninstall it you have to reboot the device first. So something hangs.

Oh well.
    Many nice apps on that page ... it's a shame we can't use them.
    I wish more vendors would develop like O2 is doing.
    Oops, sorry about that. Didn't think anyone would actually install it on their working device. I was going to try it on the emulator that comes with Visual Studio, but I guess I won't bother now.
    Not a big deal. I was planning to reprovision the device anyway. :-)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast